Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 09:54 PM

Re: Woman in Black

I hope you will see it if it does the rounds again Meg ..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 08:58 PM

We watched 'The Woman in Black' in a London theatre some years ago, but we can't remember which theatre.

Yes, it was very effective. We both remember that.

But the film is very good as well.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We watched 'The Woman in Black' in a London theatre some years ago, but we can't remember which theatre.

I sat at the end of the row in the stalls just 4 rows from the front , and When the Ghost appeared The woman dressed in Black Victorian clothes and veil walked from the back off the audience by me to the steps and went onto the stage .
Did they do the same in the Theater you went to ?

there was another scene where the main charactor ran off the stage and right round the stalls and back on the stage .It was a clever way of making you feel as if you was there .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2017, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I sat at the end of the row in the stalls just 4 rows from the front , and When the Ghost appeared The woman dressed in Black Victorian clothes and veil walked from the back off the audience by me to the steps and went onto the stage .
Did they do the same in the Theater you went to ?

there was another scene where the main charactor ran off the stage and right round the stalls and back on the stage .It was a clever way of making you feel as if you was there .
Well, Liz, I'm afraid I don't remember, but I asked my first wife and she assures me that both of those things happened when we were there.

She also tells me that there was the sound of coach wheels coming from the back of the auditorium.

This is making me want to see it again!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

24-02-2017, 09:18 AM

thank your wife JBR,I did wonder if the effects were used elsewhere ,and the coach sound she remembered were there along with the Fog that covered the audience .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

We also saw it in London and I remember that the theatre was very small and intimate - a bit like being in someone's living room.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-02-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We also saw it in London and I remember that the theatre was very small and intimate - a bit like being in someone's living room.
Yes, I remember it was a small theatre, but I can't remember what it was called.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top