Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:21 PM

Re: Floydy's "Dark Side of the Pink" Journal.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Gary Numan never anticipated Nik Kershaw, still unsure who is the king of electric solo pop, bit like Eubanks and the Dark Destroyer, from the same era.
Oh wonderful, Spitfire. And I'm seriously hoping the Nik Kershaw appraisal is tongue in cheek. I'd be much more at home with Simple Minds or Human League comparisons.
Then again, Numan took more or less everything from David Bowie, circa 'Heroes' - a song which really sums up Numan's entire early output.

Great concert tonight by the way. Numan's sound now has a much harder and heavier 'rock' aspect, guitars replace many of the synths. But very enjoyable it was.

Next up in a couple of weeks' time: The Stranglers. Can't beat the oldies!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:25 PM

Well, after the gig and a few expensive pints of Hobgoblin, I'm back at home devouring a very welcome Tesco Tex Mex tortilla platter whilst watching Reginald D. Hunter's 'Songs of the South' just starting on BBC4.
A pretty fine end to a good evening out.
Sleep well folks. ☺
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-07-2017, 12:51 AM

Whether I've had a few drinks too many I don't know, but I've just been enjoying a marvellous spending spree via Amazon purchasing multiple box sets.

I thought my scant knowledge on all things 20th Century could do with a brush-up, so very soon I should be the lucky recipient of The World At War, World War One, The Vietnam Chronicles and The Cuban Missile Crisis.

My general knowledge is in dire need of a 21st Century re-boot!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

31-07-2017, 10:59 PM

Oh dearIn hindsight, this thread idea of mine here may not be of great importance to the world turning in general, lol.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 09:01 AM

Don't give up Floydy, I'm sure there are lots of folks, like me, who read your posts but don't always comment, it's times like this that a 'like' button would come in handy.

Anyway, Happy Yorkshire Day!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 09:05 AM

Did you get to see Public Service Broadcasting Floydy ?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-08-2017, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Did you get to see Public Service Broadcasting Floydy ?
Hi Nom, you've got a good memory!
I most certainly did mate. A great performance with a brilliant light show and backdrop. The new album was showcased predominently, which focusses on the miner's strike of the mid-80's.

Next up, apart from this week's Humber Sesh, is The Sranglers. Always great to see live.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 06:01 PM

They are on my must see list, the new album s growing on me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top