Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Re: Next Project

What a great project for you spitfire. I am looking forward to seeing the pics. There's nothing wrong with the belt & braces approach in my opinion. Your extension will probably outlast many of the new houses built these days.

Is there any room for a snooker table?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What a great project for you spitfire. I am looking forward to seeing the pics. There's nothing wrong with the belt & braces approach in my opinion. Your extension will probably outlast many of the new houses built these days.

Is there any room for a snooker table?
I dunno.
Talk about more wants more!
Good luck with that Spit, and we will be watching out for progress and pics.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 11:49 AM

The finished dimensions will be 5m X 4m, the biggest problem is the footings, if anyone remembers, we had a change of plan with the patio which meant, the slabs sit on about 6 inches of concrete, the conservatory Floor being about 6 inches above the patio. I will have to hire an industrial angle grinder to cut a channel through the patio, so as to excavate the footings, the square of patio that will become internal will be insulated, and a further pour of concrete will be made to match floor levels.
God help anyone who wants to make alterations after we move on.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 07:30 AM

you collect German military memorabilia do you including revolving gun turrets - you can just see spittie every night sitting on the gun turrets shooting down the enemy!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 09:37 PM

Gummy, I'm building a Kitchen, not the Maginot Line.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 06:19 AM

well get on with it FGS - and stop waving that concrete cutter about everywhere!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-10-2017, 11:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ItNtCMgqc
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-10-2017, 12:17 AM

forgot ya youth spittie just make sure ya don't cut ya feckin toes off!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 08:01 PM

I will be watching with great interest Spitty. I would recommend using a diamond slitting saw on your Angle Grinder for the concrete cutting. For twenty years I used to make them for the company I worked for. I recently purchased one to cut a 2" groove for over three metres in concrete floors in order to install a second radiator in the lounge. Talk about a knife through butter......A Tip:- They work a lot more efficient if you can use water while cutting (that's where Mrs Fox came in handy) it also keeps down the dust.....Good luck with your project...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-10-2017, 11:32 PM

can you lend im Mrs Fox that would be a great help rigghtSpittie

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top