Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 08:10 AM

Who flies where

Does anyone know of a website which shows me which airlines fly to/from particular airports and when? I'm trying to see which of three airports in northern Spain I can fly home from.......... It won't be till September 2018, but I need to book the holiday - the dates of which will be determined by UK bound flights.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 08:57 AM

Re: Who flies where

Hi

Go to the airport website, they normally have a map where airlines fly too and from at the airport.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 09:45 AM

Have a look at this one: http://flightmapper.net/
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 12:55 PM

Excellent - thank you both!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 02:20 PM

Go onto skyscanner....put the airports to/from and rough dates and this will tell you what days and who flies from there.

Also it's the best(imho)site for booking flights
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 10:18 PM

Book early flights from Spain have rocketed with the collapse of Monarch.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

28-10-2017, 10:30 PM

Thanks again, but I'm still having problems making arrangements. Some while ago a friend had a website link, giving all the various options of getting from A to B........anyone know what that might be?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Thanks again, but I'm still having problems making arrangements. Some while ago a friend had a website link, giving all the various options of getting from A to B........anyone know what that might be?
I use https://www.netflights.com/
You have the added bit of the ferry.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

29-10-2017, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I use https://www.netflights.com/
You have the added bit of the ferry.
Thanks SP - I have not only the ferries, but Southern Rail and their strikes!! I bought a three year senior rail card and haven't been able to use it as much as I would have liked.

Returning from holiday generally requires a spreadsheet to work out all the different journeys & connections.

What I'm trying to do now though, is find the best way of travelling from here, and a friend travelling from Manchester, to one of four airports in Spain..........transfer times, means and costs..........and return again.

Also checking the ferry to Santander, but need details of buses from there onwards............and back again!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Thanks SP - I have not only the ferries, but Southern Rail and their strikes!! I bought a three year senior rail card and haven't been able to use it as much as I would have liked.

Returning from holiday generally requires a spreadsheet to work out all the different journeys & connections.

What I'm trying to do now though, is find the best way of travelling from here, and a friend travelling from Manchester, to one of four airports in Spain..........transfer times, means and costs..........and return again.

Also checking the ferry to Santander, but need details of buses from there onwards............and back again!!!
Poor you, that is a lot of work!
Crikey yes Southern Rail.
Let me try and help tomorrow.
I will look at coaches for you.
Now there is Bournemouth Airport and Southampton, both fly to Spain. I will research this tomorrow, and post on this thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top