Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 01:18 AM

Re: History repeating itself.

Well, shot and foot spring to mind.

As if VW hadn't lost enough customer's confidence or repeat business.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Not sure what the regulations are in Germany with regard to animal testing Mups, someone on here will know no doubt
Lifted from Google....me smells a 3 headed rat.

The German Animal Welfare Act (pdf) is some of the strictest legislation in the world and affords animals far-reaching protection. According to the law they are fellow creatures.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 01:38 AM

I think they banned animals testing on cosmetics in the EU and UK in 2013.
Other than that although there is continued lobbying against it, and many MEP's against it, the practice still continues. In 2015 the EU commission failed to impose a ban even after a campaign gathered over 1 million signatures.
Nearly all of the footage used as proof of the horrendous experiments that are despatched on these animals, is unbearable to watch. The scientific knowledge that proves that animal research is no longer needed for medicines, household products and most other things etc, seems to carry no weight. UK used 4.14 million animals in lab testing in 2015
The very reason in 2017 the UK announced it wants to make our own laws on such matters and is committed to using non- animal alternatives where possible .
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 01:45 AM

The release of chimps in an Austrian sanctuary after 30 yrs in laboratories.
Happy ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExEjXLMd4VA
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
What I don't get is that I thought testing on animals had been banned?
Has it not then?
NO

Only certain categories.

All EU countries still test on animals
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 10:16 PM

I really am speechless on this!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top