Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 11:35 PM

Re: Road Tax

I've got a no road tax car. I feel like putting a smug smiley saying that, 'cept it can't really be classed as a car.
A car is a thing you drive, not a thing you sit and tootle along in like I've got.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
We bought our diesel car four years ago and now pay about £250 a year road tax which doesn’t seem too bad really. We’ve considered changing it for a petrol but we like the car and consider we are probably best keeping it. We may save on road tax on a newer car but depreciation will be a lot more.
You can pay an awful lot of road tax for the cost's of a change.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
You can pay an awful lot of road tax for the cost's of a change.
It’s not easy knowing what to do for the best but will see what happens at the MOT next month.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
It’s not easy knowing what to do for the best but will see what happens at the MOT next month.
My 11 yr old zafira is worth £700 according to we buy any car,probably get more privately,but adding up cost's its about that which I pay a year to keep it on the road,so to me at least its not worth the bother of changing until it goes bang which could be next week,next year or even another ten.
Say a 10 grand budget that's about 14 yrs of motoring costing the £700 I spend a year.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
My 11 yr old zafira is worth £700 according to we buy any car,probably get more privately,but adding up cost's its about that which I pay a year to keep it on the road,so to me at least its not worth the bother of changing until it goes bang which could be next week,next year or even another ten.
Say a 10 grand budget that's about 14 yrs of motoring costing the £700 I spend a year.
If you like the car and it’s reliable it’s worth hanging on to, that’s how we feel about ours at the moment. If it starts to cost a lot of money then we may have to have a rethink. It helps to have a son in the motor trade!
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:23 PM

I bought a 2013 (63 reg.) Diesel Mini, last July and it's ZERO road tax due to its low emissions

Malc.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 05:31 PM

Hi
Diesel is only an issue in towns and cities.

Anywhere else it is fine.

Zero tax cars just mean the Government will get the tax elsewhere.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
Diesel is only an issue in towns and cities.

Anywhere else it is fine.

Zero tax cars just mean the Government will get the tax elsewhere.
That's true Swim, and petrol engine cars produce loads of CO2, contributing to 'Global Warming' ....It's been so cold up here in Yorkshire, bring it on is what I say....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 10:47 PM

I've just been trying to renew my road tax online as I've done for the last few years but no matter which browser I use, I get a `site not secure` warning because its security certificate is not valid. Had to send them (DVLA) an email about the problem so they can investigate.

Anyone else had problems accessing the site?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I've just been trying to renew my road tax online as I've done for the last few years but no matter which browser I use, I get a `site not secure` warning because its security certificate is not valid. Had to send them (DVLA) an email about the problem so they can investigate.

Anyone else had problems accessing the site?
Not yet Judd, I renewed mine online in October and it went through without a hitch, but if they're anything like the DWP no bugger knows what's going on.....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top