Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 11:52 PM

Re: Sunglasses indoors?

Keep to wearing 'em indoors .. you can get into trouble wearing sunglasses outdoors. Well ... I can.

One hot humid summer I was walking back from the shops and got stuck behind a row of women hogging the pavement.
A very fat woman, a younger woman with a pushchair and a couple of small kids in tow and another woman with a pushchair ..all dawdling along, chatting away, 4 abreast.

Would they shift? No. Even after noisy throat clearing and 'excuse me' from moi which earned a look but nothing more. And I wasn't going to step out into the busy road to get past.
Thankfully they slowed and did a slow herd-like gravitational pull to a gate leading to a house.
Ah hah I thought, they've got home.

So I walked passed them and as I did I nudged my sunglasses down to give them a dirty look.
The fat woman says aggressively .. 'Oi, don't you look down at me over the tops of your glasses missy'.
To which I smiled and just said .. ' Hot day isn't it? I'm surprised your lard hasn't melted'.
And I walked on. Silence. Until a minute later she was swearing at me as the penny must have dropped .. and when I looked back, nudging my sunglasses down again, this chap (husband?) was holding her firmly by the arm.

I'm wary of wearing sunglasses outside ever since in case I get trampled.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 08:04 AM

LB, you are a ray of Sunshine.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Furryanimal ->
Do you wear them indoors and if not what do you think of those who do?

How weird to wear them indoors! I rarely wear mine when outdoors, even though I probably should do so.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 08:57 AM

i have a pair of reactor light glasses for distance and for watching TV. So they are clear indoors and have a slight change in sunlight. There are different strengths of reaction and different shades of colour.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Were you indoors at the time?

There was an episode of Escape to the Country, a while ago, and the Bloke and the Bird property seekers had their sunglasses on the crown of their heads for both overcast dull Dorset days of filming.
Seven months on and the same programme was on a few days ago.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top