Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Re: The 10 sunniest (and wettest) places to live in the UK

The west of the country has always been the wettest so no surprises there. Strange list for the sunniest as some border other counties that aren't mentioned eg Suffolk is there but not Norfolk.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 10:48 PM

I think Azz is correct, Caernarvonshire does have the highest rainfall in the UK. You would be amazed how many days it rains where we are, I have never seen anything like it. Still, it does make everything green, the valleys very beautiful in the spring and our 12 waterfalls are nice to hear and see.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 04:30 AM

No wet Cheshire? I thought Manchester was the centre of the silk and cotton industry because its dampness suited the production of cloth?

It always brought a wry smile when I discovered that Sydney has twice the annual rainfall of London but also over twice as many sunny days.

The problem with the UK was that it never seemed to rain properly, just enough to keep the ground damp so every bit of rubbish stuck to it making the place always look grimy. After rain here the streets are spotless - mind you you can't swim in the sea for a couple of days near the stormwater outfall because that is where all the rubbish ends up
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

01-02-2015, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
No wet Cheshire? I thought Manchester was the centre of the silk and cotton industry because its dampness suited the production of cloth?

It always brought a wry smile when I discovered that Sydney has twice the annual rainfall of London but also over twice as many sunny days.

The problem with the UK was that it never seemed to rain properly, just enough to keep the ground damp so every bit of rubbish stuck to it making the place always look grimy. After rain here the streets are spotless - mind you you can't swim in the sea for a couple of days near the stormwater outfall because that is where all the rubbish ends up
We do get heavy rain Bruce, but not like yours, It is more like a tropical storm when it rains in australia. The only time I have experienced that, was when we were in the canary islands. The sky went dark and it rained so heavily that the storm drains filled up and the streets were awash. When it stopped, the sun came out and the rain that had fallen was gone in 15 minutes. Amazing !
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 08:12 PM

I live just next door to one of the sunniest places mind you we do tend to get some downpours now and again
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 08:30 PM

No mention of the Land of The Swamp People?!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 09:54 AM

I'm surprised the Isle of Wight isn't mentioned as one of the sunniest places, though they may date back to when we were included in Hampshire!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 10:40 PM

The sun shines on the righteous
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 02:13 PM

iam not any list --arrrgh -but since i move from the south where it was nearly always warm -i have noticed a difference in lincs..nearly always windy ..rainfalls arnt to bad ...in growing county !!!!
JonV6
New Member!
Devon
JonV6 is male 

21-10-2015, 05:09 PM

That doesn't surprise me at all.South westerly maritime air and southern location.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top