Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 07:37 PM

Dogs in clothes

I was recently in the company of a lady who had just got a small lap dog , when she showed me a photograph it was wearing a dress coat .
I dont like to see dogs dressed up , I always think they must be over heating ,after all they have a hairy coat already.

Whats your view of this ?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 07:51 PM

Re: Dogs in clothes

Couldnt agree more Eliza, it makes me very angry. Dogs are not meant to be dressed up , I take pride in keeping my dogs own coat clean and shiny , he loves to be brushed. My son bought him a dog coat for the cold/ wet weather but he doesnt like having it on. Those peole who dress up their dogs just want a little puppet to play with
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 08:29 PM

I feel embarrassed for the dogs!

But I will admit that with the cold winter temps we have here, those that don't have much fur would probably benefit from another layer.
Never my boys though! Makes me shiver just thinking about it!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I was recently in the company of a lady who had just got a small lap dog , when she showed me a photograph it was wearing a dress coat .
I dont like to see dogs dressed up , I always think they must be over heating ,after all they have a hairy coat already.

Whats your view of this ?
Why on earth would someone want to put a dog in a dress coat? People are going mad!

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I feel embarrassed for the dogs!

But I will admit that with the cold winter temps we have here, those that don't have much fur would probably benefit from another layer.
Never my boys though! Makes me shiver just thinking about it!

At least in Canada you have the excuse of really cold temps ... over here we rarely have really, really cold winters, so I can't understand why dogs need coats. Well, maybe if they are little tiny short legged ones and their bellies touch the snow, they might benefit from a coat

I fail to understand why people buy a dog to either shove it in their handbag or use them as an accessory.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:50 PM

This is about as far as I go with dressing a dog up.

By the way, this little lady is the REAL Mups!.
My little treasure she is.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:51 PM

I had to bite my tongue so has not to say anything .
It was here first dog , and i thought she had a lot to learn ,
She bought the dog off a web site on the net when a couple of us asked where she got it from ..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

29-06-2016, 10:53 PM

Nice photo of Mups ,Mups
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:43 AM

Thank you Eliza.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:55 AM

My whippets wear proper dog coats in the winter as they get really cold .
I do not agree with dressing dogs up like little people .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-06-2016, 07:57 AM

I can understand that Abbey, they are so very short haired and thin skinned aren't they.
I agree with you about not dressing dogs up like little people though. I have never agreed with that.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top