Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 09:53 AM

Re: Dogs in clothes

There are worst things people can do I'd rather see someone loving their dog too much and dressing it up than the neglect some lavish on them.

Some of mine have worn clothes at times thin coated breeds allergy sufferers even nervous dogs have benefitted from close fitting clothing, it calms them for some reason.

Betty loves her jumpers and t shirts she knows when I get them out its time for a walk, so happily wears them I think she actually likes the sensation of people smiling at her as she cocks her head up and walks more proudly

Party time we'll sometimes dress them but only the dogs who enjoy it I've never forced the issue. They are part of the family we treat them as such dont much mind if people find me odd who wants to be normal anyway
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes LD, I watched the late half of that programme and shouted at the telly! Could understand a woman doing it, but the husband also encouraging the dressing up and pampering was something else.

I despise the idea of handbag dogs and the dressing up of them, just to please the owner.
How happy did the Turkey dog look! He was having a great life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Ive not seen a Afghan Hound in years , they must be a dieing breed.
You should visit horsell common, lady there walks 5 of them each day, wonderful sight such majestic dogs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 10:13 AM

Yes LD, I watched the late half of that programme and shouted at the telly! Could understand a woman doing it, but the husband also encouraging the dressing up and pampering was something else.

I despise the idea of handbag dogs and the dressing up of them, just to please the owner.
I laughed out loud when the husband said 'Well, we brought them into the World'.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 10:36 AM

We took in a poodle from a broken home, and loved her to pieces. Of course, Mum got her into the dog parlour regularly, for her shampoo and cut, but I preferred looking at her scruffy coat!

I still can't decide what breed to get, but may now even consider a Staffie. Battersea has a lot of them for rehoming, and I commented on this to a member of staff when I visited a while ago.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

30-06-2016, 10:41 AM

We took in a poodle from a broken home, and loved her to pieces. Of course, Mum got her into the dog parlour regularly, for her shampoo and cut, but I preferred looking at her scruffy coat!

I still can't decide what breed to get, but may now even consider a Staffie. Battersea has a lot of them for rehoming, and I commented on this to a member of staff when I visited a while ago.
I would urge caution I see many unhappy staffie owners you have to be prepared for people to run away from you, hate you and your dog etc, it's not easy being a staffie owner these days.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 10:49 AM

I have never owned a dog but I have known plenty including staffies. They are not pitbulls they are staffies. The last one I met was a few days ago whilst scritching his ears and tummy as I chatted to a lady collecting for dog rescue.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 10:52 AM

My nephew has always had staffies, Julie, and currently has two. I'm sure he'd sing their praises if I was to ask his personal opinion.

But thinking about it, isn't it up to the owner to reassure others and re-educate them, by reiterating they are a different breed to pit bulls and not on the banned list? And that, as was put across last night, they are loyal and loving? That one with the young girl was just dopey!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

30-06-2016, 10:58 AM

My nephew has always had staffies, Julie, and currently has two. I'm sure he'd sing their praises if I was to ask his personal opinion.

But thinking about it, isn't it up to the owner to reassure others and re-educate them, by reiterating they are a different breed to pit bulls and not on the banned list? And that, as was put across last night, they are loyal and loving? That one with the young girl was just dopey!
Oh it's not I think they are bad dogs jazzi, I just know it's instinct these days to avoid them, even the friendliest ones round here are shunned it's quite sad to see really. Dog walking should be a happy time not a worry how people will run away from you if they see you.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 11:08 AM

Well - after the last couple of weeks - I can certainly recommend Westies. She has been such fun to be with and no trouble to look after. I shall not want to hand her back tomorrow !

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top