Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 05:12 PM

Re: Dogs in clothes

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't quite understand why there are so many in the rescue centres. Why would someone get one then be too scared to keep it? They must have heard all the scaremongering involving these dogs.

My sister had a Pit Bull/Staff before they became criminals and he was a fantastic dog - wouldn't hurt a fly (well ok, maybe the odd fly)
They are in rescues because the wrong sort of people get them . Then they breed them ( to make a fast buck ). Then more of the wrong sort of people get them and so it goes .
Many of these people do not have the 14 year commitment plan .
In the right homes with people who have the right attitude they are great dogs .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 06:47 PM

Re: Dogs in clothes

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It's a nickname widely used....every name starts with one person introducing it.

They have a reputation because of mishandling, trained to be nasty, any breed can be trained in this way.

Unfortunately for the breed they became stays symbols with the criminals/chavs of this world and they're not the only breed.

20 years ago it was the Rotweiller, Dobermann before that and Alsation prior to that.

Ignorance hasn't helped along with media hype about the breed instead of the scumbag the other end of the lead.

If they were that bad the likes of vets, tv programmes and dogs rescue centres wouldn't praise their temperament and suggest they're a family dog.
Friend and I had this exact conversation just as I left her house earlier. She mentioned those breeds too, but she is wary of them, and always will be.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top