Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 12:02 PM

Re: Who Sends You The Most Junk Snail Mail?

The joys of rural living, we don't get any
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 12:17 PM

Over 50/60 life insurance companies.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
What brasses me off is the fact that the Postman keeps dropping advert crap into my mailbox!

Someone is paying him/her to do that!

They are called either "Households" or "Door to Doors". And yes, the posties get paid extra to deliver them by the originator. By "extra" it is 1 or 2 pence for each flyer delivered. And they HAVE to be delivered. If you don't deliver them it's called "Wilful Delay" and is a sacking offence. So please don't blame the posties.

If you want to stop deliveries of these things you have to contact your area sorting office and arrange it with them. A note on the door isn't enough.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:39 AM

I don't get any. I have a "No Junk Mail" sticker on my letter box which seems to keep it out. Anyway I have a PO Box so very little mail gets delivered to my mailbox so I only look about once a week.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3859.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	5324  
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:06 PM

The Postwoman has just delivered a document from DVLA, along with a "Farmfoods" leaflet, a leaflet for "Formula One Autocentres" and of most use to me, a free coupon for "ALWAYS discreet".
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't get any. I have a "No Junk Mail" sticker on my letter box which seems to keep it out. Anyway I have a PO Box so very little mail gets delivered to my mailbox so I only look about once a week.

That's what I miss here in Germany Bruce, My PO box.

Good mailbox by the way.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Bloody estate agents flyers
That must be your local fan club trying to get you to move to Orkney...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:46 PM

Junk Mail . . . .

Simply strike out your address on the envelope with single line, then write "Return To Sender" on the envelope and put it back into a post box.

The firm who is bombarding you with mail, will get charged AGAIN for that same letter as they are charged by the special code printed at the corner of the envelope for which they have a contract with the postal service, hence they don't need stamps.

If everyone put the junk back in the post these companies would have twice the costs for sending junk, which would soon get their attention, and on the positive side, you would be supporting the Royal Mail, giving them more business.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Junk Mail . . . .

Simply strike out your address on the envelope with single line, then write "Return To Sender" on the envelope and put it back into a post box.

The firm who is bombarding you with mail, will get charged AGAIN for that same letter as they are charged by the special code printed at the corner of the envelope for which they have a contract with the postal service, hence they don't need stamps.

If everyone put the junk back in the post these companies would have twice the costs for sending junk, which would soon get their attention, and on the positive side, you would be supporting the Royal Mail, giving them more business.
Waste of time most of it merely gets binned. Any mail that is returned to sender is done so free of charge (same as forwarded mail) so you are in fact harming the Royal Mail by creating uneconomic mail, further congesting the roads and adding to pollution.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:51 PM

Catalogues.... ? I had to phone several times to stop all mailing after they kept sending them after just one purchase!
Grrrr..
The most junk snail mail I get now is “to the householder “ from Virgin .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top