Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 02:19 PM

Anyone else has a footie addict hubby?

I mean my hubby is a lovely guy and I wouldn't swop him for the world but he does love his football. Every weekend afternoon he watches the Premiership football matches on Sky or other channels. He has all the Sky Sports channels so there's always football matches on! He's watching Liverpool v Chelsea at the moment .

I just get a bit fed up with it sometimes. He always fits in a walk for Asti when it's half time but it's just that so much time is wasted Saturday and Sunday afternoon's with him watching them!

Still, I suppose it could be worse, he could be at the pub instead or out watching football matches. I'm not really complaining, I just get a bit fed up with it.

Anyone else has a husband that loves his footie?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 03:02 PM

Re: Anyone else has a footie addict hubby?

He's watching Liverpool v Chelsea at the moment .

I`m listening to it as I post. Liverpool 0 Chelsea 2

he will either need to spend some cash taking you out to sulk or celebrate.

Always take advantage
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 06:43 PM

I used to eat sleep and drink football, even ran my own amatuer team when I left Accy. and my brilliant wife used to wash all the kit every week but since the prima donna's and actors came into the game I left and took up Badminton and Squash.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 07:18 PM

He doesn't support any of the Premiership teams, so he won't be doing either old git. He's an Aldershot fan I always feel embarrassed telling people that, I mean ALDERSHOT! Only because he's always supported them and watched them many a times when he was younger because they were his nearest team.

He just loves watching premiership football. Still, you've gotta love him, bless him
Alicat
West Berkshire

02-05-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I used to eat sleep and drink football, even ran my own amatuer team when I left Accy. and my brilliant wife used to wash all the kit every week but since the prima donna's and actors came into the game I left and took up Badminton and Squash.
You're wife must have been good, you wouldn't get me washing all that kit.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 11:02 AM

I've never liked football or rugby . . . in fact I've never liked any sport . . . . even formula one doesn't get me excited and I love my cars . . maybe it's the fact that when sport is on TV, all those prima donnas vying for attention and preening themselves for the cameras makes me puke.
Alicat
West Berkshire

03-05-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I've never . . maybe it's the fact that when sport is on TV, all those prima donnas vying for attention and preening themselves for the cameras makes me puke.
Me too nero, especially when they keep spitting stuff out of their mouth and stuff out of their nose on the pitch
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 01:16 PM

This is where not being from Europe/Brittain I can get in trouble. In the states there's a term called a "footsie" that has a totally different meaning than footie. Never heard that one.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 03:20 PM

This is where not being from Europe/Brittain I can get in trouble. In the states there's a term called a "footsie"

That`s OK it works both ways,my elder brother got a scholarship back in the late 50s to a rather better minor public school than I did.

I tell my US cyber friends my brother was a `fag`

Fag you may ask??

a. A student at a British public school who is required to perform menial tasks for a student in a higher class
Alicat
West Berkshire

03-05-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
This is where not being from Europe/Brittain I can get in trouble. In the states there's a term called a "footsie" that has a totally different meaning than footie. Never heard that one.
The footsie over here means 'The Financial Times Stock Exchange' I think. Is that what it means over there bobmiekle?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top