Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 12:48 PM

Where is your favorite walk ?

Where is the best walk you ever had?
Mine is in France in the Montagne Noire, I can walk out of my door turn right then left out of the village in 5 mins im at a stunning little lac , from there I walk up into the mountain and out of the basin where the village sits, looking back the view of the village is very quaint , nothing has changed here for years , then looking over the other side from the top the view of the pyranees is breath taking especially early in the morning , your above the clouds and the basin on the other side looks as if its full of water or squirty cream (depending on the weather ) The wild life in the area is abundant and I dont meet another person all day ....
Each season gives you a new view and new flora, plus the lake is handy for a swim on the way back in the summer
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 01:23 PM

Re: Where is your favorite walk ?

I've only done a small amount of travelling but it is always here that I enjoy walking the most. One favourite place is a place called Port Mooar where I scamble across the rocks, with my dogs, and follow the headland down to the sea where I can sit watch the seals playing - sit still long enough and, as they're so nosey, they'll come really close to look at you. The view is beautiful. Then follow the path along and through the coves. Another is Ballaglass Glen - stunning walk.
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 01:46 PM

Sounds lovely I do like to seal watch when Im in Cornwall. What do your dogs think of the seals
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 01:50 PM

To be honest, the two I have now completely ignore them but one of my previous dogs would actually jump in and go and investigate them! That frightened me, I always worried they'd swim off with her! One of the others used to bark at them if they got too close no matter how much I shushed him.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2013, 01:53 PM

Just looked at your profile - that made me smile (that's evidence of the smile). I shall have to figure out how put up a photo of my two dogs - off to investigate that now ......
Nobaggage

06-02-2013, 02:15 PM

I can only put my small photos on the rest are to big and I cant shrink them.... so gave up after about 5 were rejuected...
The one you see is Boo she is now 15 but fit as a flea and very naughty
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2013, 02:18 PM

Boo looks lovely and very happy too. I haven't figured it all out yet (looks a bit technical to my ignorant eye) so I shall get my son to do it for me (poor lad, he's probably fed up hearing 'can you have a look it this for me' ......
Nobaggage

06-02-2013, 02:34 PM

if you go to your profile at the top then slide along to where it says album click there , then click on albums , then on browse , double click the photo you want ... but if its to big they will reject it ...
Wish I could get more of my other animals on.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 09:09 PM

I was going to say where is my favourite walk but you seem to have strayed from the original post.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 09:44 PM

One of my favourite countries for scenic countryside walks is Croatia. We have visited there five times, north and south, never tire of it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top