Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 04:19 PM

Re: Tips - for staying cooler

I've got a fan, matches me bustle!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 04:22 PM

Loverly .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 05:59 PM

This is my au pere girl, she nips out to the shed between dusting to keep me cool.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 06:04 PM

Now thats what I call a fan
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 06:46 PM

electric fan in front of open window keeps cooler than middle of the room.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2013, 06:47 PM

Not for me gal - its 'hot' out there and in here !
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 07:23 PM

sorry to argue but it says so in the paper and you know they're always right.
It also said if you sit in damp clothes it keeps you cooler too.
perhaps that's why they have wet T shirt comps.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2013, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
sorry to argue but it says so in the paper and you know they're always right.
It also said if you sit in damp clothes it keeps you cooler too.
perhaps that's why they have wet T shirt comps.
Well why in me opening post did I quote from the radio about the freezin water and 'damp' wrist bands
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 09:46 PM

My house faces due south - not good news in this weather. I have windows open - curtains/blinds closed. Sleep through the worst of the heat. Do my housework at night and early morning. Take my daily walk at the crack of dawn. Give the cats and myself regular rub downs with a wet towel. I have three sets of wrist bands and headbands - one set always in the fridge ready to swap over. Drink a lot more than I eat and wear kaftans indoors. That's about it really. I loathe this weather - time we had some serious snow !
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
My house faces due south - not good news in this weather. I have windows open - curtains/blinds closed. Sleep through the worst of the heat. Do my housework at night and early morning. Take my daily walk at the crack of dawn. Give the cats and myself regular rub downs with a wet towel. I have three sets of wrist bands and headbands - one set always in the fridge ready to swap over. Drink a lot more than I eat and wear kaftans indoors. That's about it really. I loathe this weather - time we had some serious snow !
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO snow! I do love the hot weather, although I can well understand why some don't. I can't abide to have a fan directed at me either.

At work, in a room with five computers kicking out heat, and the photocopy machine, it's a little bit on the warm side, but we've had a helicopter fan going and two stand-up fans, but none directed my way I'm glad to say. I don't mind a natural breeze, but nothing blowing on me.

My suggestions are to run your wrists regularly under a cold water tap, pop feet into a bowl of cold water, or shove yer head in the freezer for a minute or two.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top