Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 04:43 AM

Motorcycles

I'm not sure how much interest there is on this forum but I'll give it a shot.
Do you have a motorcycle?

My bike close to where I live now on the last day of 2010

An old Indian Scout flat track bike at a vintage race.

lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 05:05 AM

Re: Motorcycles

If you like blues and motorcycles and have a bit of a sense of humor, this is good.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 06:57 AM

no it not funny ... it was boring ...

sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 07:27 AM

How about this one ....

billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

31-08-2013, 08:07 AM

I cant ride anymore due to a spinal injury,but i just love bikes,any bikes at all,i will look at bikes all day,not a big fan of Harleys but dont mind Indians,my favourite Vee-Twin was the "Crocker",what an absolutely beautifull machine,but i like English bikes,dont know why,you know a 500cc Manx Norton just standing still blows me away,i loved the GP races when they were 500's,Isle of Man TT,wish i went to see that just once,but,too far away,but my favourite bike would be a Triumph Speed Twin 500cc,post war,single seat,solid back end! wow,I'm dreaming now!

Good thread mate,like your bike too.

Kind Regards Billy
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:26 AM

I've had many a Triumph over the years Bill and the last one I rebuilt was a 1962 incarnation photo below. OK It's a swinging arm frame, but trust me, a rigid back end would do your spine no favours at all...

Good thread Ron by the way, happy biking mate...
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:29 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum Ron.

My family have 9 bikes between them!! This is hubby's latest acquisition, a Yamaha D2. He rode one in the middle east in the 70's (he actually owned a D1). I've put this pic up elsewhere for Billy to see, so you might have spotted it.

Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 11:04 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum Ron, like the bike.
I used to ride having had both parents who worked at Triumph motorcycles for a quarter of a century building them, it was inevitable I had to have one.
Started with a Tiger Cub, a baby in those day, but my favourite was the Thunderbird, but not how a lot would remember it, mine was old sprung hub rear wheel makes me shudder when I think about it, but I had it married to a double adult Watsonian sidecar.
Took the family on many a camping holiday, amazing what they could carry, never let me down.
I couldn't resist the two Hondas I had, finished up with a superdream for work, which I only stopped using when arthritis bit home.
Enjoy your bike whilst you can, but your roads are a lot better than ours for the bike.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA

01-09-2013, 04:35 AM

Here's the bike I sold about 3? years ago. It's a KTM 690 single, it was called the 'supermototard', that was their name for it. Supermototard is a race that combines road racing, flat track and motocross on one bike, in one race. The racing bikes are 450s. This was a street version of that style of bike and a very fun bike. I did not let the shovel go because I put a lot of time into building it.

braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 04:14 PM

I know nothing about bikes but I recently took a photo of some in a town I was visiting.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top