Join for free
Page 454 of 1676 « First < 354 404 444 452 453 454 455 456 464 504 554 954 1454 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 01:13 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Maybe Pug is known around his neck of the woods as the head fixer upper, he might have a calming effect on folks with louvre troubles, either that or he has a very big truncheon and uses it to batter some sense into them.
Louvre, yes, the Blind leading the Blind, with a bit of Bling.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 01:28 PM

It’s a strange thing with some men, including meself, they seem to have trouble saying the word ‘Love’ when it has romantic attachments, no problem saying I love horses or beer, but having to say ‘I love you’ sort of sticks to the tongue and won’t come out.
I remember an episode of the Simpsons when Madge forces Homer to tell her he loved her in front of his mates in the bar, God I really sympathised with him, it was a nearly the death of him.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
ya not that bright - getting yaself involved in it in the first place - there I know we were all thinkin that so I'll be the first to say it - so pushing me to the front Jem!!!

THANK YOU,gumbud - the respectful 'well you tried,Pug. You're a good friend' which you tried SO hard to disguise in your words,is MUCH appreciated,ol' buddy.

I take it YOU would've let the scenario descend and,mayhap,develop into physical violence,rather than intervene and,if not solve the problems,at least placate those involved to the degree of name-calling,rather than running to the kitchen for a fkn great knive,or producing weapons such as pepper-sprays and using them-hmm?

DON'T take the piss until you can equal the qualifications AND can match the experience,of those you deride. Gottit?

DECENT of you,mate. Well done.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Today I, in a contrary way of thinking, touched cloth, with an unknowable mystery.
I am 70 years old shortly. I can easily recall my life and times for nearly the whole span. Take for example the last 60 years where have they gone? how are they measured ? Do they still exist in a parallel structure beyond our understanding? Was it all in my mind and purely a gigantic hallucination designed just for me?
Today I had one of those moments; just a split second when everything made sense. Have you had just a moment when you understood your place in this existence. Out of the blue I had such a moment when I stood back & knew everything in heaven & on earth. Then it was gone, too much for my puny self to retain.
Absolutely. It started when a certain young Miss took to holding my hand when she were twelve, and about five years later I started to feel this sort of rubbing sensation on the top of my head. Eventually after several decades I realised it was her thumb print.
In other words I know my place, it just took me a while to work it out.

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It’s a strange thing with some men, including meself, they seem to have trouble saying the word ‘Love’ when it has romantic attachments, no problem saying I love horses or beer, but having to say ‘I love you’ sort of sticks to the tongue and won’t come out.
I remember an episode of the Simpsons when Madge forces Homer to tell her he loved her in front of his mates in the bar, God I really sympathised with him, it was a nearly the death of him.
I've never suffered that problem, not even when surrounded by other mens. I did work with a guy once who would sometimes get 'phoned by his fiancé. His end of the end of the conversation would be, Yes I do ... of course I do ... you know I do ... I can't say it ... yes I do ... no I can't say it .. yes I do, really ... no, I can't say it ...

FFS. With me it would be, I love you, and the guys nearby would shout out, we love you too Missus Fruitcake.

As for the mediation bit, I've had to do that with different parts of the family, but there was never a risk of it degenerating into violence.
I don't know what I would have done in that situation.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
THANK YOU,gumbud - the respectful 'well you tried,Pug. You're a good friend' which you tried SO hard to disguise in your words,is MUCH appreciated,ol' buddy.

I take it YOU would've let the scenario descend and,mayhap,develop into physical violence,rather than intervene and,if not solve the problems,at least placate those involved to the degree of name-calling,rather than running to the kitchen for a fkn great knive,or producing weapons such as pepper-sprays and using them-hmm?

DON'T take the piss until you can equal the qualifications AND can match the experience,of those you deride. Gottit?

DECENT of you,mate. Well done.
I choose NOT to mix or associate with those sorts - sounds like your in sods heaven? AND ever since you got up off all fours you've been fighting your way through life - a sort of male version of Florence Nightingale perhaps?

I have an associate like that "oh sorry darling but must dash Thomas and Maude are having some marital issues and I said I'd pop over and talk it through with them"

"Oh are you a fully qualified family therapist then"

"no but I've been doing it a long time"

Join the do gooders club!

if they want to maim each other let them; if they want to kill each other let them ; if they want to kiss and make up let them just get on with ya own life before that falls apart!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 07:27 PM

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion
exactly couldn't have put it better myself even in old english - is this called soothing the brows of the dying??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

26-01-2018, 08:20 PM

i like to follow the advice of an old mate of mine

"The Inner Light"

Without going out of my door
I can know all things on Earth
Without looking out of my window
I could know the ways of Heaven

The farther one travels
The less one knows
The less one really knows
Arrive without travelling
See all without looking
Do all without doing

GH 1968
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 03:42 PM

One can but assimilate your 'old mate' is an avid fan of 'University Challenge',gummy? Sitting in a comfy armchair,freshly brewed mug of tea to hand,doughnuts in the chairside table,fire warming his toes as he mentally devours knowledge....

...yes,one can but agree with his outlook,bro-your old mate has it nailed.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-01-2018, 04:23 PM

unfortunately he died of cancer 16 yrs ago leaving a lovely wife and son!

Page 454 of 1676 « First < 354 404 444 452 453 454 455 456 464 504 554 954 1454 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top