Join for free
Page 54 of 1676 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 554 1054 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 08:06 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Just popped in as getting ready to leave for work...found that somewhat ascerbic comment.

Y'see,gumbud? THAT'S why being me is no great joy.
I did NOT need to 'look it up' nor 'google' it.
No;one of the 71 homes I was deposited in as a child was just a short walk from Battle Abbey. Yes,I do know the answer to #2,no,I won't ruin your fun. Why the acidity toward me?
erhm????? - no I don't produce acid as anyone here could attest - must be producing ya own dear fellow - off you go to work dear lad and less of the acid!!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 08:10 AM

Let us take a moment to remember those early pioneers of equality of class, race, colour, religion and gender.

I mean, of course OUR GANG.
Trailblazers in everyway,

So let's give it up for those legends of the 1920s

Spanky
Alfafa
Darla
Carolina
Pete the dog
Jackie
Scotty
Mickey
Chubby
Tommy
Farina
Froggy
Jean
Lee
Dickie
Joe
Dorothy
Mary Ann
Wheezer
Specks
Mildred
Harry

Thank you chums for yesterdays cinema
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
erhm????? - no I don't produce acid as anyone here could attest - must be producing ya own dear fellow - off you go to work dear lad and less of the acid!!
ACID?

Kenneth Williams posted this in his book of putdowns "ACID DROPS"

It goes like this.

A bishop was travelling in a second class railway carriage, dozing, when a troupe of Pantomime artistes rolled into his carriage. SEizing the opportunity to mix with common and vulgar people he handed round his paper bag full of ACID drops, accompanying every stop with a question. and when the bag reached Miss Fifi the ensemble were identifying what parts they were taking in their next production, Dick Whittington.
THe Archbishop , finding a new confidence announced loudly
"Miss Fifi. I suppose you take DIck"

"Blimey, your Grace, Yes I do, but not for ACID drops"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 12:55 PM

What gave me the idea that Gummy's PH Level was 7+ ?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What gave me the idea that Gummy's PH Level was 7+ ?
Some days you eat salads and go to the gym; some days you eat cup cakes and refuse to put on your pants – it’s called balance!

some days you eat too many humbugs and other days pickled onions - it's called Ph balance - suck on 'em spittie and show us ya balance laddie
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 09:26 PM

Gummy, I will only reveal my fulcrum point, it is up to the observers to stack the Bollocks, left and right, and see if all balances.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 09:55 PM

Looks like yezzer all in full swing lately, poems and puzzles galore, what more could you want with your tipple.
Being a complete townie I know absolutely nothing about farming but I think I’ll have a stab at the thing that feeds the Cows Gumbud, is it called a combined harvester by any chance?

Acid, very interesting stuff is acid.
I got a tiny splash of sulphuric acid in me eye when I was an apprentice, nasty, the best thing to do there is immediately rinse the eye out with soapy water, then get it checked out, worked fine for me. Sulphuric acid is a great man for making warts disappear, and I kid you not, I had a pair of ugly warts between my right index finger and thumb, very annoying when your working with a file in your hand, I dipped the tip of a cotton wool taper into a bowl of diluted sulphuric acid and dabbed it lightly on the two warts, after a while they turned brown, no pain whatsoever, the next morning I woke up they were gone completely, pure magic, I’m looking at my hand now and theres not even a mark where they were, I was thinking of patenting the cure but seeing you are such nice chaps you can have it for free.
I often wondered if they ever tried acids in their search for certain cancer cures, they say warts are a form of cancer, anything is worth a try in the fight against this terrible disease in my opinion.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

11-07-2016, 10:04 PM

I love acetic Acid on my Chips.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

11-07-2016, 10:36 PM

Being a complete townie I know absolutely nothing about farming but I think I’ll have a stab at the thing that feeds the Cows Gumbud, is it called a combined harvester by any chance?
no Jem something a little before the harvester more primitive.

remember these are anglo -saxon riddles - mind you they probably had the grim reaper then?

you have two final goes before the Graham Norton chair is applied!

apropos sulphuric acid; I imagine that would be very difficult to obtain over the counter these days?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2016, 08:12 AM

Acid Queen in TOMMY the rock opera played by Ann Margret.
I suppose that'll be acid as in LSD, not pounds, shillings
and pence but lysergic acid diethylamide.
Justamo, that's LAD not LSD.
Lucy in the sky with
diamonds is
changed
then
oh.
Was
that poetry?
or just the thin
end of an imaginary ..........wedge
Jem, acid curing cancer, it's a thought innit.
many breakthroughs resulted from thinking outside the box

Page 54 of 1676 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 554 1054 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top