Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 12:10 PM

DIY Schoolboy error

It's not often I make a c*ck up but this one had me laughing yesterday (and swearing).

I decided to box in my electric meter, mains fuse and cable which is in the hall by the front door. It's always looked really ugly so I had a nice white small kitchen cabinet which I decided would look much better.

The cabinet was too deep so I spent some time cutting it down to size and re-joining together. I then hung it on the wall, put the door on and it looked great. I even put a little vent in the top. I then decided to caulk all around the edges so that it blended in nicely with the white walls.

Then I thought 'Mm, while I have the step ladder out, I think I'll clean the glass above the front door on the outside'. I went to open the door but couldn't get out. The cabinet hung about an inch lower than the front door.

Anyway, it's been put right now. Had to take it down, scrape of the caulking and then reduce the height of the cabinet and it's door.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 12:12 PM

Re: DIY Schoolboy error

Hehehe nice to know my husband isn't the only one to do things like that
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hehehe nice to know my husband isn't the only one to do things like that
I'm just thankful that I discovered it when I did rather than discovering it this morning. It would have been well and truly stuck.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 12:16 PM

nice to know I am not the only one that does things like that
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-10-2017, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
nice to know I am not the only one that does things like that
I was multi-tasking at the time (take note ladies) decorating, cooking a roast dinner and boxing in the meter. At least the potatoes turned out nice.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 07:39 PM

I can recommend not doing something on the computer whilst cooking a meal! I can guarantee supper or lunch will be burnt!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was multi-tasking at the time (take note ladies) decorating, cooking a roast dinner and boxing in the meter. At least the potatoes turned out nice.
Yea, yea.... yawn

Your schoolboy error did make me chuckle though Dingalong...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-10-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yea, yea.... yawn

Your schoolboy error did make me chuckle though Dingalong...
Maybe it just proves that I can't multi-task after all.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Maybe it just proves that MEN can't multi-task after all.
True
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-10-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
True
Mmmmm!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top