Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 06:22 PM

Re: Camellia Bud drop

Hi Mups and LD,
I have had mine now for about 4 years and do you know it is still the same size as when I got it about 36ins high.. I am hoping this year now that I have transplanted it into a planter 24/24 and 30ins deep that I may see more growth so next year I may have a bigger plant with more flowers.I may also buy another because I think it is getting lonely just flowering all by itself this time of year..
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 08:47 PM

My Camelia is drooping and I’m wondering if I can tie it to something to support it. Lots of buds on and it flowered at the end of the year too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Hi Mups and LD,
I have had mine now for about 4 years and do you know it is still the same size as when I got it about 36ins high.. I am hoping this year now that I have transplanted it into a planter 24/24 and 30ins deep that I may see more growth so next year I may have a bigger plant with more flowers.I may also buy another because I think it is getting lonely just flowering all by itself this time of year..

That's odd it hasn't grown Bigfella Are you are using ericaceous food and compost ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
My Camelia is drooping and I’m wondering if I can tie it to something to support it. Lots of buds on and it flowered at the end of the year too.

Do you use rainwater when you water it Val?
They don't like tap water. Just a thought.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:23 PM

Yes Mups, we have a water butt and I use that for watering the Camellia. It took a battering with the recent bad weather.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Hi Mups and LD,
I think Camelias in pots grow very slowly. My neighbour has a couple which must be ten feet tall and the same wide but they are planted in the ground.

I was thinking of taking some cuttings from his as they are really nice colours but as I will be planting them in containers, I'm not sure it's worth it. Probably better to just buy new plants.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Having just seen this question asked on another thread , I thought i would share this , On Gardeners World Monty Don said after flowering be sure to water and feed through the summer Months because if you dont the Buds will drop and you wont gt a good display the following year .
So i fed and watered mine every two weeks when i remembered during summer ,
Im more than pleased with the results of the effort i put in last year .

They are in full flower now , i planted a white one next to the red , the white does show up rain damage more than the red ,

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110436.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	5618   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110439.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	5619  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 02:54 PM

Beautiful camellias, Eliza
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

06-04-2018, 03:05 PM

Beautiful Eliza, your feeding and caring regime had paid dividends.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 04:18 PM

Thank you both ..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top