Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 09:39 PM

I bought a book on decluttering, but I can't find it!

I have downsized twice. Once in 2002 & then in 2017, but I'm, still wading through piles of books, photos,papers, diaries, legal stuff, letters.

Yesterday I was in the lounge of the rest home where I live & was sorting out stuff and one of the other residents said why was I keeping all this tat.

I replied

"Is that your nose or are you chewing a banana"

I know it was rude but, I love all my bits of paper & pics, though in reality most of it will have to go, my 3 grown up kids have shown little interest in my archives.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 09:58 PM

Re: I bought a book on decluttering, but I can't find it!

That is sad young Robert.
I have so much stuff, from my late Mother and Father, let alone the last two relatives now in care. I would feel guilty if I threw it out.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 10:02 PM

I find that I don't get rid of the paper stuff because it's too big a job to even start on.

The last time I decided to shred all that needed shredding I did go through all the old receipts and bills and bank statements I filled two huge paper yard waste bags.

After that job I started doing it all online.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 10:17 PM

Is there an online shredder?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 10:31 PM

Having been interested in genealogy for nearly forty years and unearthed the most amazing facts................I would like someone to invent a headstone with a USB port so anyone interested could download everything I've found..............then I'd happily throw out all the "stuff" I've collected over the years!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 10:34 PM

Just tell your detractors that you are so smart that the overflow of your brain must now be stored externally....

...while you notice that their rooms are starkly - empty.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 10:58 PM

I came across every the T.U.P.E documentation for the handover of the kennels when we sold it nearly 4 years ago . It was to do with staff rights and owners obligations for. Also all the sales details including removal firms we did and did not use. Ok we had to keep them for a time but after 4 years? I don't think so, and the number of A4 sheets of paper filled two shredded paper machine containers
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 11:58 PM

I have a brick built garden shed. I think it used to be a coal shed but been all cleaned out. When I downsized to come here I filled it with lots of my things and haven't opened the door since.
Once the better weather is here I need to start emptying it.
Will probably end up taking most of it to the tip.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 09:07 AM

I mean to declutter my wardrobe I hardly use anything in fact with the awful weather we are having my most used items of clothing are a scruffy old coat and a pair of wellies .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 09:13 AM

I love that line Robert "is that your nose or are you chewing a banana" I will have to remember that one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top