Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 12:24 AM

Re: Cyclamen plants

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I have a cyclamen that my daughter gave me a couple of years ago. It is the small flowered variety. It sits on a north facing windowledge and has flowered non-stop since she gave it to me. I water it very sparcely no more than once a week and I have never fed it. Whenever my daughter visits she is amazed that it is still flowering.

Gosh, you have done well then, CeeCee.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 10:26 AM

At Christmas I was given an M&S planted basket with cyclamen, ivy, a fern of some description and another flowering plant. It looked beautiful, for about a week, then everything died (even the ivy). When I checked it, it was absolutely sodden. I guess the person who gave it me over watered it in the run up to Christmas. On the bright side, I can always plant it up and give it to someone else next year.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 08:21 PM

Thanks for advice but what am I to do about my cyclamens,they pick up when I water [ from the botton]then next day start to shri agin
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Thanks for advice but what am I to do about my cyclamens,they pick up when I water [ from the botton]then next day start to shri agin

Deylon, if the article in the link from Sarah Raven was not helpful, I don't know what else to suggest.
The only other thing I can think of is you may have them in the wrong position in the house?
They need to be kept cool, not near a radiator, and not in a window where the sun comes directly in on them.

Don't know what else to suggest I'm afraid.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 08:47 PM

Thanks I re read the article you posted and I will now repot them in a pottery bowl ,keep them moist, and put them somewhere cool until next year

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top