Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 04:48 PM

Guide dog having to retire after attacks

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ow...tire-1-5409110

These attacks seem to be on the increase.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 07:03 PM

Re: Guide dog having to retire after attacks

Do you know, it breaks my heart when I see these beautiful, gentle, harmless dogs attacked like this.
Even apart from the poor dog itself, it can cause so much hardshiop for the owner who relies on his/her dog for daily help so much.

They have been campaigning since about 2016 I believe to get the law changed to get working dog injuries/attacks classed the same as attacks on humans. Not sure if a law has been passed or not yet though.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 07:12 PM

That's bloody awful. Irresponsible owners give the rest of us a bad name.

Bailie now "operates" in fight mode because she's been attacked so many times, always by off lead dogs who are not under control. In fact I go out of my way to avoid one particular owner and his attack mutt, if I let her get at that dog I'm worried what she would do.

However, she is not a guide dog and somebodies right hand, I can't imagine how upset that poor woman must be

It said at the end of that article that it is an offence for another dog to attack working dogs, and it doesn't need to cause injury, the attacks are classed as an attack on the human.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 07:19 PM

How terrible who are these owners who allow their dogs to attack a Guide dog ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top