Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 04:31 PM

Infrastructure.

Hi

Our Infrastructure is a mess.

Roads, Rail,Electricity, Water Supplies etc.

The last few days have been horrendous for many.

Electricity Supplies down,water supplies cut off,affecting Industry, Cadbury's and Jaguar shut down.

This is costing us £Billions.

Two things, we have now balanced the books on day to day spending.

Secondly many of our Infrastructure Suppliers are Foreign Owned, we sold them.
#
They are making £Billions, such things do not happen in their own Countries.

It is my view that it is time to get tough.

We need to be investing in the Infrastructure which is ours, we need to make the Foreign Companies invest as well, not just take the profits and run.

Just my view, I would like to hear yours.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 04:39 PM

Re: Infrastructure.

Our infrastructure cannot cope even on a good day let alone when there is a problem. My thread about no milk, although slightly tongue in cheek, just goes to show how quickly we run out of supplies when a problem occurs.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Our infrastructure cannot cope even on a good day let alone when there is a problem. My thread about no milk, although slightly tongue in cheek, just goes to show how quickly we run out of supplies when a problem occurs.
Hi

Yes, but we should not be accepting it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Our Infrastructure is a mess.

Roads, Rail,Electricity, Water Supplies etc.

The last few days have been horrendous for many.

Electricity Supplies down,water supplies cut off,affecting Industry, Cadbury's and Jaguar shut down.

This is costing us £Billions.

Two things, we have now balanced the books on day to day spending.

Secondly many of our Infrastructure Suppliers are Foreign Owned, we sold them.
#
They are making £Billions, such things do not happen in their own Countries.

It is my view that it is time to get tough.

We need to be investing in the Infrastructure which is ours, we need to make the Foreign Companies invest as well, not just take the profits and run.

Just my view, I would like to hear yours.

I gave you the answer to this problem many months ago and you rubbished it, but the one sure way of ensuring our infrastructure is to Nationalise it without compensation!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-03-2018, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I gave you the answer to this problem many months ago and you rubbished it, but the one sure way of ensuring our infrastructure is to Nationalise it without compensation!!!
Hi

That is simply not feasible.

Not only is it Contrary to International Law,it would devastate the Pensions of many.

The idea is to make things better, not worse.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I can see the advantage of nationalising our services in theory, the way our infrastructure is fragmented is ridiculous, particularly as a lot of it is foreign owned; but thinking back to the problems with British Rail for instance, it was no better then. The staff were always on strike and the service was no better.

In contrast, the Indian railways are run by people who care passionately about the job they do despite their meagre wage.

On one programme about the Indian railways, a rock had fallen down and blocked the line. The answer - blow it up with dynamite. If that had been here, the rail would have been closed for two weeks whilst elf n safety carried out inspections.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 11:54 AM

I was taught to drive on the Left of the road

Now I drive on whats left of the road

Ours are a complete nightmare, doesn't help when we don't have an assembly setting the budget. In my own circle of friends, five of them have busted alloys in the pot holes since Christmas. Some are no longer holes, the road has gone completely.

What little public transport we did have was withdrawn 2 years ago in the last rounds of cuts

We still have iron pipes supplying our water. This is the colour of the water that I get in the house every few weeks

Their answer is to flush it out as above rather then replacing the pipes
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-03-2018, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I was taught to drive on the Left of the road

Now I drive on whats left of the road

Ours are a complete nightmare, doesn't help when we don't have an assembly setting the budget. In my own circle of friends, five of them have busted alloys in the pot holes since Christmas. Some are no longer holes, the road has gone completely.

What little public transport we did have was withdrawn 2 years ago in the last rounds of cuts

We still have iron pipes supplying our water. This is the colour of the water that I get in the house every few weeks

Their answer is to flush it out as above rather then replacing the pipes
That's disgusting Missy. it looks like third world water.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 12:43 PM

Its is disgusting

Ive lived here 12 years and we have had to replace the boiler twice and have had 3 new showers and two kitchen taps because of the metal bits that come in with the water
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Its is disgusting

Ive lived here 12 years and we have had to replace the boiler twice and have had 3 new showers and two kitchen taps because of the metal bits that come in with the water

Rural idlls are not exactly that are they??? - I'm a townie and much prefer that with everything within easy reach.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top