Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 12:02 AM

Buggy Warning

Does anyone remember a school playground game of the above name?

I can give a description if required.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 12:03 AM

Re: Buggy Warning

No I can't remember it Tregonsee, please refresh my memory
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 12:24 AM

Me niether. Can you explain please.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Me niether. Can you explain please.

Nor me.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 08:17 AM

Ok to keep it brief.
Players split into 2 teams. First team lines up, with the first one leaning on a low wall the second leans on the first and so on. Rather like a rugby scrum in a straight line.
The second teams first player then takes a run up and leapfrogs onto the backs of the first team as far as he can then scoots along to make room for the rest of his team. The next one leapfrogs on, and so on, the object is to collapse the first team.
The name comes from the warning shouted before the run up.

I am trying to find out if this was just a local thing ( Black Country ), or well known.

ETA I played this about 55 years ago.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:50 AM

The game you have described is a game I played back in the mid 60s, a game that was banned from my senior school as to many kids were getting injured when the human leap frog wall collapsed (only minor injuries I might add),
the game back then was known as 'British Bulldog' down in the south west of England,
The game was won when the riders on the wall collapsed it and your side won , if the wall remained intact for 20 seconds the human wall team won.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Nope, never heard of or seen that game before... although I have played leapfrog
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:23 AM

Never heard of it, and British Bulldog here was not played like that.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:26 AM

In my primary schooldays, British Bulldog was a brutal version of "tag".

One person is the bulldog and stands in the middle of the play area (playground or part thereof). All the remaining players gather at one end of the area. When the bulldog shouts "Go", everyone must run to the other end without being tagged (brought down to the ground by any means possible) by the bulldog. If you are tagged you become an extra bulldog and help in the next go. If you reach the other end you cannot be tagged until the next go.

The bulldog then shouts "Go" again and everyone dashes back to the other end.

Repeat this process until one player is left as the winner (survivor).
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Nope, never heard of or seen that game before... although I have played leapfrog
nor me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top