Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:17 PM

Another Day in Hospital

Last night [tuesday] I tripped on the bottom stair & fell up the step, catching my arm on a metal case I have there.I managed to get up myself then found I was bleeding heavy'but no way was I going to hospital at that time of night [10pm ] so I called my son to help me to dress the wound on my arm, I couldnt sleep so spent the night sitting in my recliner chair downstairs,I was quite comfy,a blanket over me ,electric fire on ,watching tele. This morning a nurse called to see how I was doing with my breathing & on hearing Id had a fall insisted I go to A&E for an xray in case Id broken something, she arranged transport for me ,so off I went,Wish I hadnt ,first the same old blood test /blood pressure ,then wait to see Dr,who removed the clean dressing put on by the nurse & put on another one,after which I had to wait for an xray,once this was done I had to wait for results to come & see the Dr ,no refreshment was offered,I was hungry & thirsty,as a diabetic I should have had some refreshment ,but I was no ones pattient,everybody was busy with somebody else,eventually Dr came & said my elbow was not broken,elbow ? should have been my shoulders,but when I queried this Dr saidno as I can move then my shoulders are not broken,then came the long wait for transport home,I got home 5pm ,after getting there at 11,30am,shattered
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:42 AM

Re: Another Day in Hospital

I'm sorry that you're having all these troubling medical problems. At least you have people around you.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 02:04 PM

I presume you're battered, bruised and very sore darlin' after your stay in hospital t'other day. Do take more care of yourself and no more trips eh???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 03:10 PM

You poor thing I hope you feel better soon. But be careful on those stairs you don't bounce !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 05:42 PM

Hi deylon just spotted this...
Having a fall really shakes you up doesn't it, I am pleased to hear nothing is broken.

Take care now...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 07:52 PM

A few of us in the wars at the moment, hope you mend quickly.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 08:24 PM

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 02:10 AM

Oh, Deylon, you are having a time of it! I know you must be exhausted, but you did the right thing in going to the hospital. Better safe than sorry, and I am relieved for you that there was no fracture.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 06:54 PM

I hope you're feeling a bit better now Deylon.x

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top