Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 04:26 AM

Dog Hotel

Hi

Crufts is on.

Dogs are being treated to the high life.

Even Bedlingtons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...rmingham-hotel
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 06:42 AM

Re: Dog Hotel

It used to piss me off no end that when I took my family on holiday it cost more for the dog's boarding kennels than to house and feed my family for the time we were away.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 06:48 AM

Last year we were away for three weeks I have three cats the bill at the cattery was £625. Granted the older cat has her own room but blimey what a bill, it's become a lucrative business that's for sure and the guests never complain
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Last year we were away for three weeks I have three cats the bill at the cattery was £625. Granted the older cat has her own room but blimey what a bill, it's become a lucrative business that's for sure and the guests never complain
Hi Summer

Living in a small village we look after our neighbours animals when we go on holiday.

I am not a cat person, but for some strange reason they like me, I look after Sarah's cats when she is away,she looks after my fish.

The cats stay in her house,I feed them and change the litter.

Dogs are much easier to look after, no worry about them straying and the pretendies are always here, love playing with them and taking them for walkies.

The dogs love it when they come to my house,spoilt rotten they are.

They know when it is home from School time,jump up on the sofa,looking out of the window for the littlies.

Fed crisps and then walkies to the play area,or if it is raining heavily, chase the ball in the garden or the house.

The dogs are fiercely defensive of the kids, so no problem in letting them out together on their own.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 08:49 AM

Like doggy day care .
Another lucrative and easy way to make money .
Wish I had though ot it!
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 12:14 PM

I only boarded a cat once, never again as I do not trust these places. Pick up a day earlier than scheduled and was surprised, and so was the business.

I have travelled with three cats, now down to just the one. He goes where I go. Comfy cage, litter box on the floor. Call ahead for hotel to make sure they are pet friendly.

A vacation for all without worrying.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 07:44 PM

I haven't been to Crufts for a good few years now, but it used to be interesting.
I am not interested in the show dogs particularly, in fact a lot of the owners irritate me the way they ponce up the dogs and show them, but the trade stands are usually good with lots of interesting new products to look at, plus I'd meet friends I hadn't seen for ages too.

Bet that hotel had to get the carpet shampoo out in a few of those rooms!
As for the Beddies, Swims, you'd hardly recognise my scruffy mutts as the same breed as those show ones.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 03:54 AM

Boarding pets is costly to say the least which is one reason why we never do it. Unfortunately because we never do it, we have ultra spoiled dogs who aren’t used to be cared for by strangers.

I’ve been to a few dog shows and can’t say I like them too much either.

Hey Mups, are they purebred Bedington Terriers you have?
I like their natural shaggy look you have them in.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 08:24 AM

Only boarded ours twice first time Benny came back thin as a rake because Lucy had eaten his food, we did say they had to be fed separately. Second time both were hacking and coughing with kennel cough.

Vet fees cost more than boarding that time.

Then we got a chihuahua and my goodness try and find someone to care for her, we just started taking them with us. Made more sense anyway as I used to worry all the time about them anyway.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:08 AM

I have never put my Boxers into kennels, I just couldn't bear the thought of it, they are part of the family, a very important part.

Lots of folk will say I'm stupid, I can live with that. I couldn't live with causing them distress.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top