Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 04:45 PM

Is Putin Being Unfairly Maligned?

Any of you think the public are deliberately being misled
about Putin by the "mainstream media" and the "establishment".
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 04:47 PM

Re: Is Putin Being Unfairly Maligned?

I think Putin is a very unpleasant man who would stop at nothing to be top dog, including killing off spies..
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 04:51 PM

Putin is the Devil Incarnate .....
Medea
East Sussex
Medea is female 

15-03-2018, 05:50 PM

Putin has been getting away with far too much for too long, not just in this country. Unless someone actually does decry what he is doing his acts will get worse and worse. The latest Russian spy death is a long line of unsolved Russian deaths in this country. We must stop thinking of Putin in democratic western terms. The man is a despot and his own countrymen cannot speak against him for fear of reprisals.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 05:52 PM

Putin is the most dangerous man on Earth. A devious, scheming liar.
Trouble is he cannot be stopped.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 08:33 PM

If poisoning your enemies in public spaces regardless of the collateral damage, annexing regions of other sovereign nations and conducting proxy wars in neighbouring countries as well as conducting hybrid war operations such as interfering with elections in foreign countries through multi media operations has been misrepresented in any way please do inform us how!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 09:15 PM

Hmm ... whilst I'm not always his biggest fan I'd hardly call him the Devil Incarnate ... or a despot .. or a devious scheming liar ... or the most dangerous man on Earth.

I must catch up fully with the latest atrocity and perhaps I'll want to stick pins in his fundament as so many on this thread have stampeded to do.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 09:28 PM

In the absence of any hard evidence, I would not accuse Putin of the things that people are so sure that he is guilty of.

Quite apart from any of that, I think this country should be very careful of making threats to the ruler of a country that could easily destroy us, either militarily or economically. We rely on their gas, for example, and whilst we could probably rely on the US to stand with us, there's no way I'd trust our EU 'partners' to do likewise.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 09:52 PM

I expect we are being misled, that's how propaganda works, isn't it? Set up an enemy to look like a pantomime villain, then let him have it. Having a pop at Putin makes for good audiences and newspaper sales and I doubt if he's as bad or weird as he's being painted.

The UK isn't in a position to take on Russia, we've abandoned our European allies for Brexit and it would be a cheek to ask for their support now and can't count on the US because Trump has a very ambivalent attitude to Putin and after all it's America First. We'll have to suck up to countries with worse human rights records for trade post Brexit, so what's the difference, really?

Except that I think they've got a bloody nerve to waltz into our country and start poisoning people so I'm glad Theresa May has taken a stand, even if it's only posturing and a stupid thing to do. Sometimes you need to do the stupid thing.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 10:10 PM

I believe Putin is a very dangerous man. He is psychopathic in personality, which is always a worry, plus he is a very powerful man.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...r-putins-brain

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top