Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 11:42 AM

Re: Waheyyy

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
That sounds good, can non techno people manage them? I might put it on my Christmas list, not that anyone is asking!
It's very simple to use, it's the size of a TV remote with a cable like a scart socket on your TV, you plug in the cable and switch it on and it does everything automatically, it even has 15 memory spaces in the menu for saving readings from your car.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 11:55 AM

Denis, what a fantastic piece of kit, I had no idea that you could buy them and I never thought Argos would sell them. I always thought they would only be available from the likes of Hewlett Packard who I seem to remember had a minimum price of about £5K for any of their kit, now a few questions:-
a) Does it do petrol and diesel cars ??
b) Can you get a print out?
c) Can you buy 'accessories' for it (Like maybe an exhaust gas analyser?)
d) Does it fit every car. I mean is it always a skart type socket on the engine ECU or do some makes use a 'special' connector ??

Really interested in this 'cos I've come to the conclusion you can never trust a garage these days!!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Denis, what a fantastic piece of kit, I had no idea that you could buy them and I never thought Argos would sell them. I always thought they would only be available from the likes of Hewlett Packard who I seem to remember had a minimum price of about £5K for any of their kit, now a few questions:-
a) Does it do petrol and diesel cars ??
b) Can you get a print out?
c) Can you buy 'accessories' for it (Like maybe an exhaust gas analyser?)
d) Does it fit every car. I mean is it always a skart type socket on the engine ECU or do some makes use a 'special' connector ??

Really interested in this 'cos I've come to the conclusion you can never trust a garage these days!!!
Answers to your question Harvey are,

a) yes, for petrol after 2001, diesels after 2004.
b) yes, it's upgradable too off the internet through a USB cable which is provided.
c) It does a check on your Lambda sensor.
d) Yes, it's compatible with every car that's got OBDII sockets and also earlier EOBD types like 90's Vauxhalls'.

The CD provided has a full manual which is printable and also installs the software for your upgrades, well worth the money Harvey, Edmunds Walker's do them for £300 and that's the cheaper one with no display.
nero
Central Scotland

07-10-2009, 02:18 PM

Just had a look Harvey, they are made by HP, it's the RAC104 model, just had a phone call from the garage too, the part's in so it goes in at 10AM tomorrow, that manager's gonna have a bad day when I ask for my £671 back isn't she.
nero
Central Scotland

08-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Harvey, . . have you got one yet ?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top