Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
WholeLottaRosie
derbyshire
WholeLottaRosie is female  WholeLottaRosie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 11:37 PM

Re: UK Can Stand Alone

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Who is she?
Kate Hoey, is a UK Labour Party politician who has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Vauxhall since 1989

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a6687936.html

Familiar voices try to scare us into believing that leaving the EU would ruin the UK, but these are the same people who told us that we had to join the Euro or face disaster. We stayed out of the Euro and have therefore been spared much of the chaos of that unsustainable currency - but we still give £7.3 billion net a year of our money to the EU.
She was arguing against Labours Chuka Ummuna, and I have to say she did a pretty good job, I've never been able to take the millionaire former lawyer Ummuna seriously after his remarks on a social networking site for wealthy people on how to avoid mixing with 'trash' on a night out in a London nightclub
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
11th in the world for manufacturing.
http://www.themanufacturer.com/uk-ma...ng-statistics/
That's interesting, but ITALY?

I do believe that, given our freedom, we could make a go of it. As others have suggested, there may be an initial period of re-adjusting and possibly a slight downturn, but I'm confident that we could recover quickly and, in the long term, even become 'great' again.

What a mistake it was to hand over so much sovereignty in the first place.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Am I Met Loretta
Don't you believe it, out in the shires we always rise to the challenge...
Hear Hear Meg !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I do believe that, given our freedom, we could make a go of it. As others have suggested, there may be an initial period of re-adjusting and possibly a slight downturn, but I'm confident that we could recover quickly and, in the long term, even become 'great' again.
I think it would take another real war for Britain to once again become a great nation of manufacturing. Wars create the demand.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:30 AM

In the days when we were "Great" we started most of the Wars and it was always about pound shillings and pence.We were not great at all really in those days we were a bunch of money grabbing arseoles, nothings changed much has it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:52 AM

£54m hand over to the EU every day by the UK. No wonder they want us to stay in.
Lets get out and put that money into our national health service and pay nurses and doctors what they deserve.
Take away that money and watch the EU fall apart
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
£54m hand over to the EU every day by the UK. No wonder they want us to stay in.
Lets get out and put that money into our national health service and pay nurses and doctors what they deserve.

Hi

We get money back from the EU as well, so the net figure is £33 million.

This is still a vast amount, £8.63 Billion a year.

The fact remains that we are still living way beyond our means, this year alone, even with all the austerity, we are having to borrow over £70 Billion.

The £8.63 Billion is not pocket money to spend as we please on improving services.

We have a stark choice, more austerity or more tax.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I think it would take another real war for Britain to once again become a great nation of manufacturing. Wars create the demand.
It was the second world war that all but destroyed Britain - debt, for example.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-02-2016, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Take away that money and watch the EU fall apart
I believe that when we leave the EU it will collapse before long anyway.
Not just the lack of our subsidising it, but also other countries realising that if we can do it, they can do it too.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The fact remains that we are still living way beyond our means, this year alone, even with all the austerity, we are having to borrow over £70 Billion.
The reality is that ordinary people's lives are dictated by the appalling spending habits and corrupt dealings of those running the country. We are just chaff and cannon fodder to an elite who have all the wealth and control. People like Gordon Brown ruined the economy, obsessed with power and control. We the people have to shoulder the outfall.

They will NEVER let us out of the EU. These people control everything and the EU links, back-handers, foreign-mogul controls etc etc will ensure the vote goes to the "stay in" result no matter how UK people actually vote.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top