Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 11:45 AM

Re: A Good Idea- A Fine Mess

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I'd like to know too please. I love bacon and eggs.

I believe when you die if you go to heaven you can have bacon, fried eggs, sausages, mushrooms, black pudding and fried bread every day for breakfast and you don't get fat
That's almost true in life as well MC.

So long as you cut out the carbs, you can eat bacon & eggs as much as you like and you will lose weight.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Surely a quiche is open and doesn't have a pastry lid?
Sounds more like a pastie to me!
ruthio, Yes you’re right, a quiche doesn’t have a lid! Yet, when l made a bacon and egg pie at school, it was open and no lid!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think this is what l call....a Quiche!!
With bacon it becomes a "hog and a quiche".
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 03:51 PM

It sounds like an awful lot of pastry to me .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It sounds like an awful lot of pastry to me .
Yeah - fabulous!!!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 08:57 PM

Quiche and Flan'a re open,Pasties are single,this is a pie on a plate ,just as you would make a meat pie for more than one person,or dont you ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Quiche and Flan'a re open,Pasties are single,this is a pie on a plate ,just as you would make a meat pie for more than one person, or dont you ?

Not bloody likely, there's only me here!!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 10:51 AM

I've never had a closed lid bacon and egg pie? It sounds like too much pastry to me. I always think quiche or flan whatever you want to call them are a let down, they are rarely tasty in my opinion.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I've never had a closed lid bacon and egg pie? It sounds like too much pastry to me. I always think quiche or flan whatever you want to call them are a let down, they are rarely tasty in my opinion.
Higgedy piggedy quiches are nice summer... there's quite a range, I like the cheese and onion, and this one too...

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produc...-203302-203303
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Summer. I’m surprised at you saying quiche/flan are not tasty. I think they are very tasty!
Doesn’t the onion, mature cheddar cheese give yours a tasty flavour? I sometimes use Gammon l have left over from a joint and add broccoli as well!

I have found bought ones, tasteless.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top