Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 09:14 PM

Drs Receptionists

On a visit to the Drs this morning she said she wanted to see me again on Friday, but when I went to book the receptionist said there were no appointments available until the 28th,even when I said Dr wanted to see me FRIDAY,and suggested I ring in for emergency on friday morning. This afternoon I decided to ring the surgery as they change receptionists ,what a difference, " No problem " the [ different ] receptionist told me "11.10 friday morning "
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 09:56 PM

Re: Drs Receptionists

Some Receptionists are horrible, am sure they must take lessons. I changed my Doctor years ago because of one of the Receptionists. I actually put in a complaint about her to the Practice Manager as well. You could always do that, in the very least she will be questioned about it and may be be nicer in future....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:11 PM

There are some receptionists that are lovely and sympathetic. Then there are the ‘jobsworth’ ones who act like Rottweilers, protecting the doctors.
They won’t budge even if you cry!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:13 PM

Our receptionists are only doing what they are told I always think and having seen some pretty horrible people be rude to them I don't really blame them for being a bit terse.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Our receptionists are only doing what they are told I always think and having seen some pretty horrible people be rude to them I don't really blame them for being a bit terse.
Julie, The patients are probably being rude because they’re scared they’ve got something awful wrong with themselves.
All they want to do, is to see a doctor to put their mind at rest and give them reassurance.
When they are up against a jobsworth, won’t budge receptionist, some people just lose it. They can’t help it, if they’re ill and scared.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Julie, The patients are probably being rude because they’re scared they’ve got something awful wrong with themselves.
All they want to do, is to see a doctor to put their mind at rest and give them reassurance.
When they are up against a jobsworth, won’t budge receptionist, some people just lose it. They can’t help it, if they’re ill and scared.
While I don't doubt that they can only release appointments they are allowed to, over Christmas NHS adverts kept saying all gps had appointments our receptionists were inundated by patients, they had none they could give.

If they had appointments they aren't so mean they wouldn't give them out.

There is never an excuse for anyone to be horrible to NHS staff no matter how annoyed they are.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:36 PM

I cant see the sense or reason behind this thing of ringing up the same day to get an appointment. In Dylons case, had it been here the Doctor, if he wanted to see her on Friday would have made the appointment.
We mentioned the system in the U k about this ringing up to our receptionists, they were bewildered by it, you just ring for an appointment ,if you cant have one that day they give you one for the next,no problems .
The receptionists double up as Nurse Practitioners ?? and do all the blood tests , injections , wound dressings, appointments , take the money, are even able to give you emergency medicine if you need it.
Oh and they all like Mince Pies and sausage rolls, and for his sins the Doctor is a Man . Untd , supporter
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:53 PM

Deylon, this happened to me once, too.
The next time a doctor told me to come back in a week, I told him I wouldn't be able to, because I knew his receptionist wouldn't book it.

He wrote a note for me to give her at the desk telling her to book me in - so she did.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 11:14 PM

My doctor only has one receptionist who has been there since they opened. They always have appointments available for 'special occasions' for example when the doctor wants to see you on a specific day.

Even better my doctor's surgery is just next door (well, across the side street). We've all grown older together.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3210.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	4882  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 11:20 PM

The receptionists were we are are lovely but ones in another practice were horrible .
Too blooming used to bossing sick people about
I was obliged to be very severe with them .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top