Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 08:16 PM

Re: Online grocery shopping

Pink lady is s lovely variety...usually!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I've tried online grocery shopping two or three times but had the same annoyances as others on here, Expiry dates too short, substituted items, plus the same delivery guy every time was a right miserable git.

Anyway I enjoy trolling round the supermarket as long as I can support myself on the trolley. You get to see new stock items, offers and the reduced items shelf.

I can also have human contact if I get the chance to strike up conversation with other shoppers or talk to the checkout person.

When I first moved down here to Northampton a guy I worked with told me if I wanted to meet females to hang round the cat food section with a couple of tins of cat food in my basket. Never got any dates though but eventually got used to eating tinned Felix in a pie. 😸
Ha!!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Pink lady is s lovely variety...usually!
Pink Lady is a delicious variety but at £3 a pack and with my prior experience of their other apples I won't be buying.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 08:30 PM

I have never bought groceries online.

I do like to see what l am buying and would hate the hassle of sorting things out if the wrong stuff was delivered, or if it were of bad quality.
My other reason is, whilst l can get out, l must continue to get out at every chance. I think it’s good for your mind and body!

With all the services available, it could become so easy to never leave the house again.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 08:39 PM

I too have never bought food online. As I only spend about £20 per week, I would object to having to pay for delivery charges. Plus, I like to choose what I buy and at what price.

Talking of prices, I notice even in Lidl they are going up a lot. Yesterday my four pints of milk cost me £1.09 when it was £1 previously. Butter too has risen by at least 10p.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 08:46 PM

Yeah, I don't think I need to spend £40 a week on food. It's more like £30.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 09:04 PM

My son often orders from Asda on line,but we still go grocery shopping to Sainsburys every week or two.Trouble with on line shopping is they dont always send all the things you ordered and you have to contact them and they will refund the money to your card,if you shop in a store you only pay for what you buy.But it still saves having to carry heavy goods home
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Ocado is too expensive so it looks like I'll be trudging down to Tesco for the foreseeable...at least I can see what I buy though I've been let down by their apples lately.

On the outside they look lovely and fresh; but one bite and they are mushy and tasteless - this is both Gala and Braeburn varieties.
I've always gone for sainsburys fresh fruit and veg over tesco. Although recently the potatoes and bananas are equally bad unless you want to pay extra for the red ones. It's as though they have frostbite, and perhaps they do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 10:11 PM

Yes £40 limit we manage that easily or you can shop fort nightly or monthly if it's easier to get to.

Each item ordered you can set whether you accept a substitution or not if Pete are getting stuff they don't want they haven't set that up ! You can also for each item leave the picker a note do you want longest date limit,reddest apples, greenest cabbages etc again if people are getting short codes they haven't told tesco what they want.

I've shopped with ocado, fabulous but expensive.
Sainsburys, absolute nightmare they refused to bring the shopping upstairs would only dump it in the car park ! Wait rose good but more expensive than ocado. Tesco cheap and cheerful, really nice delivery people, customer service great I had two tins dog food missing last week I think they must have got.left on the van when I rang the freephone number explained the problem they refunded 8 tins as a gesture of goodwill.

I've made worse choices in shop myself than they make really. If you watch them doing the shopping they select like they would if it was their shopping mostly. I can't fault them.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 10:18 PM

Asda minimum spend is only £25 and if you have an evening delivery, some mid-week slots are only £1. On the Tesco one, you can put a note on each item as to if you want substitutions and can specify things like not wanting short sell by dates.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top