Join for free
Page 20 of 274 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 04:52 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

I'm still feeling very perplexed about The Bee Gees' classic Odessa album only making it in at No.931 in the list. I played it again the other day and it deserved a much higher placing.
Because of this I've taken the rather unusual step in that I'm going to add it again to the list later on. I've had to juggle the list about further up and delete one album (a soundtrack, which really shouldn't have been there), so hopefully this will make up for my oversight.
In the meantime here's an early image of the band, plus a photo of a stereo box set (which I would love to get hold of) and because you've shown so much interest, the original album in its entirety. Enjoy folks

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 05:30 PM

I can mention that 'Odessa' has now been placed at No.133 in the list and we'll get to that again around September at this rate!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

21-01-2018, 05:29 PM

Thread on indefinite hold until later next week, or if any interest is restored. It's taking up all my afternoons and I'm missing out on my other activities.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 05:38 PM

Think there is plenty of interest Flloydy we are just waiting for the next album in your list mate some great tunes keep em coming. If you take requests can I have some Springsteen please. I am sitting playing his singles perhaps you have an album or one of his concerts.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

21-01-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Think there is plenty of interest Flloydy we are just waiting for the next album in your list mate some great tunes keep em coming. If you take requests can I have some Springsteen please. I am sitting playing his singles perhaps you have an album or one of his concerts.
Hi Longfellow. Nice comments, thanks

It's mainly due to time mate. As I work nights I really only get the afternoons to catch up on everything and this thread was taking up too much last week.
I need to pick up my granddaughter from school twice a week and my other main hobby apart from music is keeping fit and I haven't had any time to go to the gym.
I think I can find some sort of balance by visiting this thread though, but perhaps just a couple of albums at a time. We'll see how things go next week

I'm a very big fan of Bruce Springsteen though and nearly all of his albums are in my list - but you may have to wait some time as most of them are quite high up.

Regards bud.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 06:08 PM

Understandable.
I will carry on regardless pumping out the tunes to keep the peasants happy.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

21-01-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Understandable.
I will carry on regardless pumping out the tunes to keep the peasants happy.
Good on yer pal ☺
As for this thread, I'm sure I'll find the time to get through it all as it took me so long to compile. I do enjoy adding the posts, so it's a case of 'as and when'....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good on yer pal ☺
As for this thread, I'm sure I'll find the time to get through it all as it took me so long to compile. I do enjoy adding the posts, so it's a case of 'as and when'....
You're doing really well Floydy, I can see a lot of effort has gone into it
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

21-01-2018, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You're doing really well Floydy, I can see a lot of effort has gone into it
Appreciated Mags, thanks ☺
Many more classic albums to come. In fact, there's no rush or time limit to complete all this.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 08:10 PM

Agreed that Odessa should be much higher up. I've got the original album on flac plus an out takes album with different versions of various songs. It was definitely one of the best early concept albums.

How about some Jackson Browne?

Page 20 of 274 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top