Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 08:45 PM

Very Worrying

This is worrying. Recently my G.P. said my blood test showed my blood count was too low , meaning I was bleeding internally, so she was sending me for a colonoscopy to find out why. Today at my cancer hospital my oncologist has said that my blood test on Tuesday shows my blood count is too high so my Thyroxin tablets need reducing or I will get bad shakes and end up in Hospital. If I hadnt had a blood test for my Cancer Hospital appointment I may have ended up quite ill.I can only hope the right diagnose has been done
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 09:12 PM

Re: Very Worrying

Deylon, something very similar happened to me about twelve months ago. A blood test following chemotherapy and a ileostomy, showed that my thyroid had swung the other way to yours. The Thyroxine tablets were not be absorbed and I was dangerously hypothyroid. I could do nothing, I was so sluggish and sleeping all day, even an hour after getting up in the morning.

To cut a long story short, I was put on liquid thyroxine at quite a high dose, a few months later I swung the other way, to become very hyperthyroid, resulting in tremors in my hands and palpitations. The dosage was reduced, and now I seem to be back in balance.

This, after fifty years of thyroid treatment is the first time it has ever been out of kilter.

I hope they sort yours out without further problems, but be aware it will take about three months to balance things out again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 10:48 PM

Re: Very Worrying

I've had several odd blood test results since my chemo stopped, I'm up and down with blood pressure medications all over the place with my allergy meds and my ms anti shake med has had to be stopped completely this week. It's IMO a result of all that poison it's now wrecking havoc as it gradually comes out of our bodies.

But worrying ? Yes I agree. Don't know if I'm coming or going with blood pressure.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top