Join for free
Page 100 of 370 « First < 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 10:52 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I'm back home now Floydy, sorry to hear about your Aunt, you have my condolences....
It sounds like you might be getting closer to a diagnosis on you're knees, but sometimes the pain seems to suggest a more serious problem than it actually turns out to be. Soft tissue damage to the knee is easily done and because knees are hard to rest (especially when you're working) it does take a long time to shake off, as I have found out over the years.

Good luck with the results, and keep us informed.
Thanks for the comments and keep up the good work Floydy....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 01:57 AM

Thanks Bob, appreciated☺
As you say, I don't really get a lot of time to rest the knees with being at work and so on. Plus, it's also advisable that I do the strengthening exercises at the gym too. It really is a bit Catch-22 right now.

What are your plans today, Bob. Any goals to smash?☺
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 04:39 AM

Norway, that was an extremely respectable day out considering the pain you describe. OGF asks a good question. I know three people, one of them my dad, who had unexplained pain and muscle weakness that was ultimately attributed to statins. Choosing the lesser between to devils and all...

Floydy, we are all getting back into routines at different speeds given all the weather and hectic nature that the season brings. I am terribly sorry for the loss of your aunt, and hope your family is finding the peace needed to get through such a difficult time. I have read some of your music threads and have to say that it must be quite an undertaking to rank your preferences so conscientiously - an interesting hobby indeed. My house is filled with music all of the time, from a very diverse catalog, but I will save those comments for another day. To the subject at hand, I hope those x-rays provide you with some insight on what is causing that pain. I know you will be ready for some answsers.

OGF, you always manage to inspire me to get up and moving, and your acute hearing before the rising sun is perfectly vivid - birds stirring as you make your way along puddled roads and past church steeples. Slow and steady wins the race, and this time of year it is an accomplishment to be true to the sport as ever.

It seems that I am off for some work and DisneyWorld with my daughter and nieces, so my next run will be on the park perimeter, along the lakes and near the hotels. Running there always good for a story or two. During my last visit, I ran past a couple planning a wedding who were having a loud argument, watched a lawncare man spray a plant so hard that he knocked it into the swimming pool, and on another day witnessed a little girl all dressed up for photos walk right into one of the lakes to chase a swan, only to have mother burst into tears over her soaking appearance. So much for the "Happiest Place on Earth!"
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Are you on statins Norway?
I was , but we have been giving it a try without them for a while, actually due for a check now .
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Lol!! You don't appreciate compliments easily do you, Norway.
Sorry to hear of your plight pal but I was only being pleasant!
sorry ! not quite with you there, you asked if it was arthritis? and no its not that at all, its not joints more muscle pain, a lot in bed .
Norway
i

11-01-2018, 10:56 AM

Wish I could turn the clock back 35 years to when I took up running, what a great time the next 15 years were, running every day, climbing on holiday. Then the dreaded Hip problem , and after replacement never ran againbut after moving to Norway have kept fairly fit spending what seems a lifetime moving Rocks from one place to another, logging and trying to create a garden out of nothing. Winter is a problem, cant do anything in the garden its under snow, so walking when possible , but thats restricted to the road, roll on the spring.
Keep up the good work and dont let the hills beat you
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Bob, appreciated☺
As you say, I don't really get a lot of time to rest the knees with being at work and so on. Plus, it's also advisable that I do the strengthening exercises at the gym too. It really is a bit Catch-22 right now.

What are your plans today, Bob. Any goals to smash?
Thanks for asking Floydy....I visited the Gym today........

My first apparatus was the moving vehicle dodge, I try to cross the busy main road filled with motorists on their way to work and listening to loud music with the heater on full blast. They are not usually happy and have no time for runners who delay them on their quest to earn a living. I nimbly do high leg raises as I make for a rapidly closing gap between two vehicles.

My next apparatus is the long straight road that takes me out into the deserted country roads, I use this as a warm up while I get my breath back and realise how close death was on my heels, he was not quite fast enough today apparently. He should wear more suitable clothing if he wants to catch runners. Long black cloaks have too much wind resistance, and he should lose that sickle....

I move effortlessly on to the third piece of equipment, The 'Hump Back Bridge' a steep ascent over a short distance, I turn round at the top and repeat the climb three or four times. Very good for leg strength and a quickening pace on the downhill bits.

The rope swing over the brook provides upper body strength as I grasp the uneven surface of the log and swing across, coordination also plays a part to avoid uncomfortable dowsings....Alright, I made it up about the swing....

The final piece of apparatus is the 'Hanging on the Telegraph Pole' Choose a long straight road with equal spaced Telegraph or Power poles and sprint for all you are worth between every other post. The hanging on bit is where you your legs have turned to rubber and the only way to stay upright is to hang onto the next pole while you recover enough to do it all again.

This was today's eight mile run Floydy, I've just arrived in the cafeteria to try and put some calories back but Mrs Fox has gone out so it's 'Make it Yourself' time........
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 01:45 PM

Hahaha!! That's fabulous Bob. That sort of daily routine certainly keeps the body and mind active at the same time!
You're the sort of person the S.A S. would be looking for.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-01-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
OGF, you always manage to inspire me to get up and moving, and your acute hearing before the rising sun is perfectly vivid - birds stirring as you make your way along puddled roads and past church steeples. Slow and steady wins the race, and this time of year it is an accomplishment to be true to the sport as ever.

It seems that I am off for some work and DisneyWorld with my daughter and nieces, so my next run will be on the park perimeter, along the lakes and near the hotels. Running there always good for a story or two. During my last visit, I ran past a couple planning a wedding who were having a loud argument, watched a lawncare man spray a plant so hard that he knocked it into the swimming pool, and on another day witnessed a little girl all dressed up for photos walk right into one of the lakes to chase a swan, only to have mother burst into tears over her soaking appearance. So much for the "Happiest Place on Earth!"
Good luck in DisneyWorld Surfermom, I was there around 1987 ish, I'll try and fish out some photos for your perusal (and anyone one else who's interested) I bet it's changed considerably since I was there. I think there were three places to visit....MGM Studios.....The Magic Kingdom and Epcot, never mind my daughter, I was well impressed..... So impressed in fact that I just can't see me ever visiting the one in France....Nothing against the French you understand...

Thanks for your comment also Surfermom, you do the same to me....
I think I'd better go now before we attract the 'Get a Room' Brigade....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-01-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Wish I could turn the clock back 35 years to when I took up running, what a great time the next 15 years were, running every day, climbing on holiday. Then the dreaded Hip problem , and after replacement never ran againbut after moving to Norway have kept fairly fit spending what seems a lifetime moving Rocks from one place to another, logging and trying to create a garden out of nothing. Winter is a problem, cant do anything in the garden its under snow, so walking when possible , but thats restricted to the road, roll on the spring.
Keep up the good work and dont let the hills beat you
Good to read your story Norway, but sorry to hear you were sidelined after having a new hip... I have seen many runners follow a similar path as you, and my running will have to come to an end sometime, but I feel lucky that I have managed to return to running after two Heart Attacks, and until my time is up I will squeeze out every morsel of enjoyment I can from running or walking.

Keep up the good work Norway and remember, good rest is as important as good training...

Page 100 of 370 « First < 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top