Join for free
Page 50 of 370 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:19 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Good going Mart, nice to hear you're still getting out and showing the young spunks how it's done. A few years back - well alright then, a lot of years back - My daughter was courting this eighteen year old lad who had joined the army. The guards I think it was, and he was home on leave. He was interested in coming out running with me after I got home from work - he had been training in the army - so I took him out on one of my eight mile runs out into the country. After six miles I left him for dead and had to go back for him with the car. All due respect though, it was a very hot evening, and he wouldn't get in the car, so I gave him a drink and watched him home....

Nice to see you finding your legs Mark, I've been reading some of your comments dotted around the forum and you're fast becoming one of my 'Must Read' members.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nice to see you finding your legs Mark, I've been reading some of your comments dotted around the forum and you're fast becoming one of my 'Must Read' members.
Lol. Well thanks for that. I do have my moments .

Legs are feeling the worse for wear today though .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Lol. Well thanks for that. I do have my moments .

Legs are feeling the worse for wear today though .
Tell me about it!
Mrs Fox has gone to look after her Dad and do his shopping and I'm supposed to be getting on with some jobs, but I struggled round a very hard eight miles with tired legs this morning and sitting here perusing the forum is about as active as I want to be for the moment.....Recovery seems very slow these days....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:41 AM

I'm going out riding with my eldest son this afternoon (if it doesn't rain). He's just turned 51 and hasn't been out riding for quite a few years. I'm not expecting too much.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Tell me about it!
Mrs Fox has gone to look after her Dad and do his shopping and I'm supposed to be getting on with some jobs, but I struggled round a very hard eight miles with tired legs this morning and sitting here perusing the forum is about as active as I want to be for the moment.....Recovery seems very slow these days....
I find it quite a nice feeling really. I've been very agitated lately but today I feel very much more relaxed. Not only does running take the edge off me but during a run I think all sorts of things and sometimes come to a conclusion about some concern or other during it too.

I'm quite content to laze around today and idly contemplate.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-05-2017, 11:51 AM

I find it quite a nice feeling really. I've been very agitated lately but today I feel very much more relaxed. Not only does running take the edge off me but during a run I think all sorts of things and sometimes come to a conclusion about some concern or other during it too.

I'm quite content to laze around today and idly contemplate.
Yes that's true Mark, I might be knackered but it feels worth the effort and satisfying.
I've worked out many problems while out on the road too, sometimes I chew over an interesting topic on here and work out a response, running has always been a good leveler.
I still like fell running but with road running I can clear my mind of navigation and the concentration of where to put my feet and what line to take, and just let my mind wander where it will. Only a runner would know this.....
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 08:04 PM

I haven't run for three weeks and boy did I suffer today when doing the usual route. I only managed 20mins and gave up. I think I need some new trainers too, these ones don't seem to want me to run
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-05-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I haven't run for three weeks and boy did I suffer today when doing the usual route. I only managed 20mins and gave up. I think I need some new trainers too, these ones don't seem to want me to run
Worn out shoes have been found to be the main cause of injury to runners Cedronella....
And just run slower after a layoff...
Now go out there and knock Em' dead........But don't overtake me....It's embarrassing!..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

15-05-2017, 10:14 PM

I'm getting stronger - thank goodness. Managed a 6 miler today and I think I will be able to run again tomorrow. Hope so anyway. Fed up of being relaxed - it just don't suit me in more ways than one.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-05-2017, 08:29 AM

I'm getting stronger - thank goodness. Managed a 6 miler today and I think I will be able to run again tomorrow. Hope so anyway. Fed up of being relaxed - it just don't suit me in more ways than one.
Good on yer Mark.....You're getting stronger and I'm getting weaker. Just had a bitch of a six.....

Page 50 of 370 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top