Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 10:40 AM

Re: A chocolate tip

Never tried one--not sure I could face it---all that sugar etc etc
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
Never tried one--not sure I could face it---all that sugar etc etc
Me neither.....the thought of it is enough.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Craving sugary snacks is merely the result of the addictiveness of sugar. Like all addictive substances, you can kick that habit. Try a savoury snack instead like Sainsbury's Basics Tortilla Chips. It will take you a while to munch through an entire bag. The ingredients are just Maize, Sunflower Oil and Salt. Sugar content is 0.5g per 100g of product. Fat is of course higher at 21g per 100g or product, Salt is 1g per 100g of product.
I have in mind an even more effective means of losing weight: eat grass. Full of healthy fibre too.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have in mind an even more effective means of losing weight: eat grass. Full of healthy fibre too.
Grass while not toxic, is not suitable for the human digestive system, nor our teeth.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Grass while not toxic, is not suitable for the human digestive system, nor our teeth.
I'm quite aware of that. Perhaps if we had several stomachs, along with the attendant enzymes, we could digest grass.

I'm afraid that my humour escapes you!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2016, 06:28 AM

Who the hell would even buy Curly Wurleys? They're disgusting, have very little chocolate on them and if frozen, would be impossible to get your teeth into even if you wanted to! Many years ago I had a tour round Cadbury where we were assured we would receive free chocolates - no prizes for guessing what the one free "treat" was ...... yuk.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2016, 10:35 AM

They didn't do Terry Scott much good.
Just do it!
New Member!
Bern, Switzerland
Just do it! is male 

18-01-2017, 06:44 PM

I always liked and basically grew up eating milk chocolate. At the time, I didn't know that milk chocolates only has 35 - 40% cacao. The rest is inverted sugar, which is quite bad for you.

Today, I only buy dark chocolate. The one I buy is either at least 85% or over 90% of pure cacao. That is much healthier than that sugar crap.

However, it took me more than 6 months to change my bad habit for sweets and at ht beginning it was like - yak....

By the way, dark chocolate still has saturated fat, so don't eat a whole 100gr bar. Have a bit in the morning and a bit in the evening. 20gr. has about 124 calories.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 06:51 PM

There's absolutely no way I could eat a square of chocolate. It would have to be the whole bar. Otherwise I would be worrying about it all day.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There's absolutely no way I could eat a square of chocolate. It would have to be the whole bar. Otherwise I would be worrying about it all day.
A sqare of chocolate before bed helps you to sleep.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top