Join for free
Page 435 of 1676 « First < 335 385 425 433 434 435 436 437 445 485 535 935 1435 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:42 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Lots of questions about the forum lately.
There has always been one question that I would love to know the answer to.
All you scribblers are old enough to remember Lonnie Donegan’s song “Does your chewing gum lose it’s flavour on the bedpost overnight” not ever being a gum chewer meself, I don’t know the answer, anyway chewing gum is a filthy habit, every packet should carry a government health warning because chewing gum weakens the roots of teeth and loosens them over time, it also leaves an addicted chewer with a big mouth, not to mention the under the table stickers of used or semi used gum, indeed I knew a chewer who used to stick his to the side of his pint glass when he was having a smoke, utterly disgusting habit.

Chewing gum is not much fun, said mom and I believed her
It can be tricky when your teeth get sticky and your face looks like a Beaver.

Now back to the question.
(1) If it does why does it?
(2) Should it be banned from all Hotel bedposts?
(3) Which chewing gum flavour lasts the longest?
well I think "the jury may be out" on this one as i have not scene any clear research evidence offered either from the science community or indeed your good self Jem - no good asking us poor sods around here unless mr physics masters himself can come up with something [you know the one with the faulty boiler and lives on an island!]

Jem can you post us a youtube of Lonnie D singer said song??
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:43 PM

If you are gonna get technical, then am going to buggeroff & take my ball with me
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
If you are gonna get technical, then am going to buggeroff & take my ball with me
for a very learned man your swearing is atrocious - now is that a cricket ball; tennis ball; rugby ball or footie ball?? or perhaps a lovely colored beach ball??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:54 PM

Gummy me oul mucker, I would dearly love to post youtube videos, so much easier to illustrate what your saying.
I've mickey'd around with the youtube thing for hours and still got no satisfaction.
Azz has a tutorial posted in forum help and I still couldn't master it, after seven years of frustration I gave up.
Then only way I can grasp these things is when somebody actually does it in my presence, I keep forgetting to ask me son every time he comes over, twas him who got me off on computers in the first place, he nearly had a mental break down showing me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:57 PM

Hello you guys
I can post that song if you want.
Let me know.

Now, what did I want to ask you all???????????
Oh yes, do you all have beards?
I know Jem has some facial growth - He said so
Is it a goaty beard, or one of those ZZ Top things?
I think beards can be quite sexy myself - Not that hubby has one.

My Twins were born very premature. One of them was very poorly for a long time, in and out of the hospital. As most of the consultants had beards at that time, he developed a fear of beards.
My Godmother, an old lady that never married or even had - You know, came to visit when the boys were small. She sat them on her lap, and looking very closely at her, my son asked "Why do you have a beard?"
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:59 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 06:06 PM

Thanks for coming to the rescue again Sweetie, your a topper!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-01-2018, 06:08 PM

Oh yes, another thing.
The Candy Bar is having a cruise next month.
You can all come if you wish, however, it will be hectic!!!!
I was wondering if there might be a chance of gumbud leisurely travel on here. Nice to know where you have all travelled in the World - Just a thought.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
for a very learned man your swearing is atrocious - now is that a cricket ball; tennis ball; rugby ball or footie ball?? or perhaps a lovely colored beach ball??
I'm so pleased Gummy dear boy that you have chosen to dissect and enlarge upon my sporting analogy.
Yes dissect and enlarge doesn't make sense in the real world, but hey this is hyperspace where anything can and does happen.

In the hinterland of cyber communication there comes a dichotomy concerning "Ball"
I Would add that we are not expanding upon the type of ball & here is the truth "Analogies " are only useful up to a point
To conclude: WTF was the question again

Didnt Dylan Thomas have a love/hate relationship wiith the village
Llareggub

Bt backwrads ennit?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

13-01-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Gummy me oul mucker, I would dearly love to post youtube videos, so much easier to illustrate what your saying.
I've mickey'd around with the youtube thing for hours and still got no satisfaction.
Azz has a tutorial posted in forum help and I still couldn't master it, after seven years of frustration I gave up.
Then only way I can grasp these things is when somebody actually does it in my presence, I keep forgetting to ask me son every time he comes over, twas him who got me off on computers in the first place, he nearly had a mental break down showing me.
jem the instructions I sent you could not be simpler - but you may need an oirish translator ?? - don't force me to come out there to dublin - it's too bloody cold at the moment and I am trying to control cyclones out here - I've lost three hats already!

Page 435 of 1676 « First < 335 385 425 433 434 435 436 437 445 485 535 935 1435 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top