Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 11:07 PM

Cardomom milk for health

As a development from my yoga tea phase, I've been drinking Cardamom milk at night recently and it's amazing how it just knocks you out as well as being really soothing. You just boil milk with a few crushed cardamom pods. You can add honey or sugar, but I find milk sweet enough on its own. Apparently it has loads of health benefits too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 11:12 PM

Re: Cardomom milk for health

Hmm, I might look into that a bit more Annie. Thanks.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 11:17 PM

Simmer it until it goes really thick, stick it in the freezer and voila! Kulfi ice cream.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 11:18 PM

It's very addictive Mups. I'm also trying the kiwi fruit sleep remedy I saw on one of that sleep study show that was on BBC1 recently. I am trying it tonight for the first time to see if I sleep really well. (you just eat a kiwi fruit before bed). But I hope I don't have a stomach ache in the middle of the night lol
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-05-2017, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Simmer it until it goes really thick, stick it in the freezer and voila! Kulfi ice cream.
Really? I thought they stuck some ghee into kulfi or something like that. Perhaps they use really fatty milk (I drink skimmed).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's very addictive Mups. I'm also trying the kiwi fruit sleep remedy I saw on one of that sleep study show that was on BBC1 recently. I am trying it tonight for the first time to see if I sleep really well. (you just eat a kiwi fruit before bed). But I hope I don't have a stomach ache in the middle of the night lol

If you don't check in tomorrow, I'll know you are still in bed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-05-2017, 11:25 PM

I've never heard of Kulfi ice cream before dongles, gonna send me a sample?

Ooh look, I just googled it.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-perfect-kulfi
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2017, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Really? I thought they stuck some ghee into kulfi or something like that. Perhaps they use really fatty milk (I drink skimmed).
I think maybe condensed milk is added. I haven't made it for a while but it's very nice.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-05-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've never heard of Kulfi ice cream before dongles, gonna send me a sample?

Ooh look, I just googled it.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-perfect-kulfi
It's really easy to make and the cardamom tastes lovely.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 09:20 AM

I think maybe condensed milk is added. I haven't made it for a while but it's very nice.
Tastes best when made with Buffalo milk !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top