Join for free
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 02:00 PM

Want a receipt from Morrisons? You better ask for one!

Going through the till after shopping at our local Morrisons this morning, I was waiting for my receipt.
The till person was quickly moving on to the next person when I said:
'Excuse me, what about my receipt'?
Till person looked at me like I was a really bad smell under her nose and said:
'We don't give receipts automatically anymore'!
I said: Oh! really, don't you think you should have asked me if I wanted a receipt or not?

Till person just shrugged with a huff and a puff, and very reluctantly gave me a till receipt.

I was paying on my Nationwide Credit Card using contactless payment.
I don't know about you, but I think for obvious reasons, it is very important one has a receipt and keeps them for a while, particularly while paying for shopping when using Debit, Credit cards and the like.

If Morrisons can't be bothered to even offer me a receipt automatically, or at least ask me if I would like one, then I can't be bothered shopping with them automatically!

So what do YOU think then?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 02:07 PM

Re: Want a receipt from Morrisons? You better ask for one!

The same happened to me, but i was told it was something to do with their loyalty card.
How can you check that you have been charged the correct amount without a receipt?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 02:16 PM

Ive been asked this before not at Morrisons but other shops , and my answer is always the same Yes i do want a receipt, reason being if i get stopped i can show each item is payed for .
And also I can make sure a £10 cash back has not been added without my permission..
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 02:19 PM

Hasn't happened in Morrisons here BC,but it does in the CO-OP..They ask if You want a receipt....I would certainly demand one when paying by card...common sense really.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 02:34 PM

A few weeks ago in Sainsbury's a couple of their staff were walking around the store with clipboards asking customers how they would feel about not receiving a receipt when paying for their shopping. By all accounts you would be able to check your Nectar Card online which would then show up your shopping receipts.

It sounds like they are hoping to join the no receipt brigade in the future

I don't think I would like to do that every time
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 03:11 PM

I always get a receipt and check it .
Some years ago when shopping I bought a few items including a packet of butter and was stunned at the total cost.

I carefully checked my receipt and instead of being charged £1.19 for the butter I paid £11.90

I went straight back and it was corrected but had it been part of a big shop and I had failed to check my receipt I would never have know...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 03:13 PM

Why on earth would they suddenly not want to give receipts now?

I totally agree with Boozy and if I am paying by card I expect a receipt for my records. In fact, I want one anyway, even if I've paid cash.
Bloomin' cheek.

And another thing, if we needed to take anything back, they wouldn't accept it without a receipt crafty devils!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Why on earth would they suddenly not want to give receipts now?

I totally agree with Boozy and if I am paying by card I expect a receipt for my records. In fact, I want one anyway, even if I've paid cash.
Bloomin' cheek.

And another thing, if we needed to take anything back, they wouldn't accept it without a receipt crafty devils!
Good thinking Mups, I never thought of that
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
A few weeks ago in Sainsbury's a couple of their staff were walking around the store with clipboards asking customers how they would feel about not receiving a receipt when paying for their shopping. By all accounts you would be able to check your Nectar Card online which would then show up your shopping receipts.

It sounds like they are hoping to join the no receipt brigade in the future

I don't think I would like to do that every time
So they are making the assumption - like a lot of people - that the world and his dog have a computer/smart phone. It really does annoy me. I would always ask for a receipt and not leave the till until one was issued. Some of us actually still keep things known as ' Household Account Books' !
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
So they are making the assumption - like a lot of people - that the world and his dog have a computer/smart phone. It really does annoy me. I would always ask for a receipt and not leave the till until one was issued. Some of us actually still keep things known as ' Household Account Books' !
Thank you Tabby, and for all of your replies up to now folks.
We shop quite a lot in our local Colwyn Bay Shopping Centre, and one of the shops is Morrisons.
There is also an Iceland store in there and lots of shoe and clothing and Poundland and the likes.
We used the store only yesterday to buy the Sunday papers and some other shopping and was given a receipt automatically.
This has obviously only just come in, so perhaps it is just a trial to try customers patients and yes perhaps it is something to do with the Necter card scheme, and we do have one.

But no matter what, I expect to at least BE ASKED if I want a receipt or not.
To not ask that is rather ignorant of the store, and we will take our custom elsewhere.
We prefer Aldi and Liddle anyway, but those stores are a further 10 minute walk away!
O.K.
I know.
I am lazy!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top