Join for free
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 04:08 PM

Re: Want a receipt from Morrisons? You better ask for one!

Hi

I would always ask for a receipt in a shop.

A lot of my shopping, eggs, veg etc is done using honesty boxes, so no receipts there, but no problem, it is just small amounts of cash.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I would always ask for a receipt in a shop.

A lot of my shopping, eggs, veg etc is done using honesty boxes, so no receipts there, but no problem, it is just small amounts of cash.
I take it that is perhaps just by the roadside farm shops and the likes Swim?
Which of course is fine.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I take it that is perhaps just by the roadside farm shops and the likes Swim?
Which of course is fine.
Hi

Yes Boozer.

Loads of smallholdings here and people selling extras from their garden veg patches.

Free Range eggs and duck eggs are 10 pence each, and you can buy just one if you want.

Veg and fruit are seasonal of course, but really cheap.

Potatoes are 20p a kilo, bags by the farm gate with some ancient scales.

We do have a couple of big Farm Shops, but they are very expensive, so we do not bother with them, they cater for the rich people.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
So they are making the assumption - like a lot of people - that the world and his dog have a computer/smart phone. It really does annoy me. I would always ask for a receipt and not leave the till until one was issued. Some of us actually still keep things known as ' Household Account Books' !
Yes, I do too, ST! I can't rest if I've not updated my Daily Spend booklet, and can't remember what I bought, or have mislaid receipts.

And as has rightly been said, it is proof of purchase, and alerts the shopper to being over charged! Morrisons are one of the worst for that.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I'l be on guard next time. (They didn't hold them back last Friday.)
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes, I do too, ST! I can't rest if I've not updated my Daily Spend booklet, and can't remember what I bought, or have mislaid receipts.

And as has rightly been said, it is proof of purchase, and alerts the shopper to being over charged! Morrisons are one of the worst for that.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I'l be on guard next time. (They didn't hold them back last Friday.)
Actually Jazzi, you just reminded me of exactly how bad they are at that.
My Wife and I went back this afternoon for some milk and some other fruit items.
On a shelf at the top of the store there were some shelves with different items of odds and bods with reductions on them.
One item was some nice thick jug type pint glasses priced at 50p. but with no sticker on it.
I again had to request my receipt.
On the receipt I had been charged £1 flipping 50P.
So I challenged it.
The guy rung the bell for one of his seniors and the guy came to see what was going on.
He accepted there had been a mistake and refunded the £1.
Without the receipt I may never have noticed that £1.
It isn't a lot, but that £1 is better in my pocket than theirs!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 08:17 PM

This has happened to me a few times. They sometimes don't even ask!
I then say, 'Where's my receipt?' I need it if things aren't right and l have to return something'. They then give me the receipt.

You need your receipt in Asda to be able to claim your two quid if you've been overcharged!!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

02-10-2017, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This has happened to me a few times. They sometimes don't even ask!
I then say, 'Where's my receipt?' I need it if things aren't right and l have to return something'. They then give me the receipt.

You need your receipt in Asda to be able to claim your two quid if you've been overcharged!!
Tell me about it Art.
Tell me about it!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 08:39 PM

I'll challenge any entry that doesn't look right. The times I have had a refund!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 08:41 PM

I rarely shop in Morrisons but funnily enough I did today and the same thing happened to me, ie gave no receipt.
I didn't bother as it wasn't even £5 worth of stuff.

I usually shop in Tesco or Sainsburys and they always ask if I want a receipt and I always say yes, I'm a secret arsonist.

It gets on my wick TBH.... if you pay your money out, you should be given something to prove you have paid and, like others have said there is no recourse if you can't show proof.

Grumble grumble....
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 08:42 PM

I always get a receipt as I get deliveries from Morrisons
But I wish they would stop squashing my Baps

The packing dept needs lessons in packing
My squashed Baps look like pancakes as they put them at them bottom of the bag and heavy goods on top
and bread arrives misshapen to.
And cream spilled all over because the top was loose.

They will replace damaged goods only if you tell them many details and even a photo if possible

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top