Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:09 AM

Re: Resprays

Did a re spray on a morris minor I restored. Stripped off the old paint with nirtromore paint stripper, really messy that was gooey paint syndrome. Then sanded down with an orbital sander and then wiped it with tack to get rid of dust particles. Then masked everywhere up-windows- mirrors- chrome- lights, looked like a present for someone. Then hired a compressor and used a red primer to prevent rust. then the paint colour then the lacquer . That was when one was allowed to use what was called 2 tone paint . Now it has to be water based on health grounds.

It actually came up well considering I had never done it before. This was after sorting out the mechanics and getting another rear door from a scrap yard as the existing one was too far gone.

Well I sold the car so someone else liked my effort
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 07:04 PM

Re: Resprays

I can remember getting quite good results using just spray cans and rubbing compound.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top