Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 02:47 PM

Candid Camera

Is It Time for Civilians to Start Wearing Their Own Body Cameras?

An American manufacturer has announced modifying police cameras for the general public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments

Not a good idea imo.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 02:52 PM

Re: Candid Camera

Seems excessive to arm teachers with body cameras just to record low level disruption in the classroom.

And somehow seems creepy to me and far too invasive.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Seems excessive to arm teachers with body cameras just to record low level disruption in the classroom.

And somehow seems creepy to me and far too invasive.
Agree, this is most disturbing.
https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...l-surveillance
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 03:31 PM

That's shocking

Five years ago, research by the campaign group Big Brother Watch found that more than 200 schools across Britain were using CCTV cameras in pupils’ toilets or changing rooms, raising concerns about the privacy of schoolchildren.

It's really not on .. there's the obvious risks of pervy folk getting their hands on such camera footage .. but what's wrong with a teacher just patrolling the loos?

I would never use a loo if I was aware a camera was in it .. no matter how they justified it been there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 04:25 PM

I wonder how we would answer should we have been attacked and no evidence can be found ? A simple film clip might be only thing we can use.

Gracie's school has cctv, back door, front door and corridors. It's only viewed by it teacher if an incident has occurred. They caught a burglar before Easter and film was used in evidence.

We borrowed a camera and put it in a wreath on our door last Christmas to see who was deliberately taunting our dogs when we weren't home. Once we knew we made an official complaint, it wasn't able to be used in evidence as it had no sound I think next time we'll get one with sound.

They can be really useful.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 04:36 PM

I have a dashcam in my van to protect me in case of accident that wasn't my fault. Whiplashers and idiots who pull out in front of a two-ton Transit van coming towards them because they think they can accelerate out of the way for example.

With all the claims of `inappropriate` touching flying about these days it might not be a bad idea to have some personal audio/visual gadget on your person recording certain situations, audio especially. Would stop the I said, they said arguments.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 06:10 PM

Good point Judd.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

04-11-2017, 06:15 PM

Taking images of children using the loo is indecent and must surely be illegal. Whatever the problem there has to be a more appropriate way to sort it out.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:45 PM

There was very little disruption in the classes that I attended during my schooldays, a thick ear (slipper or cane) was the result of unruly behaviour. These days some kids just love to get one over on a teacher knowing that there is absolutely nothing the teacher can do......
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

05-11-2017, 10:10 AM

A teacher's point of view.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...chool-teaching
Quote:
The drive for greater discipline is lost when the means through which it is achieved is coercive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top