Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 10:26 PM

Re: Why don't they remove them

Has no one else got these green feet glued onto their pavements? I have near me. They appeared a couple of months back.
I'm tempted to play hopscotch on them when I go shopping.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 10:32 PM

I hate to see dead flowers where someone died particular when they are still in the wrapping paper. I guess the council feel bad about moving someones 'tribute' but they look so depressing.

A well known character who used to sit in a certain place (on top of a green box by the traffic lights) died recently and I noticed pots of plastic flowers have appeared there. They look so out of place.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Here in Brum at the end of the Christmas season a special collection of ex Christmas trees are made. They are taken to to a nursery where the are cared for, baubles and glitter are carefully removed. Once they are fit and healthy again they are taken to Norway and replanted where the grow into mighty trees.

I made that last bit up, they aren’t taken to Norway at all, they are shredded and made into compost...I hope that hasn’t caused you any pain ...
They are ive seen them, just along the road there is a pile of them , must be 50 feet high, they came here one night , some still with tinsel on. Now they have been taken away, just some strands of tinsel and the odd christmas tree Robin left on the ground. No they havnt gone to be re grown sorry, its sad , they have gone to make pellets for pellet burning wood stoves, so you might see them again, all very very sadMind you the amount of them that we have you would think someone was planting them
The one from the Bull Ring had some beer cans tied to it, were they yours ?
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Has no one else got these green feet glued onto their pavements? I have near me. They appeared a couple of months back.
I'm tempted to play hopscotch on them when I go shopping.

wonder whos those are , they look like a size 8.
Its a case of how did they do that
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Simples, don’t have lamp posts

I’m always amused when driving up to an object in the road, to find it’s a pair of trousers. Like why throw a pair of trousers out the car??
I can top that Missy , we sometimes find underpants in our road.
lol
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I can top that Missy , we sometimes find underpants in our road.
lol
I wondered where they'd gone Apricot.....
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 09:43 PM

Oh! It's not a gypsy thread then.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 08:35 PM

I'm often seeing gloves, or socks abandoned. Apart from the odd one or two 'missing cat/dog' posters, the majority of them are now on Facebook. The dog page, or the local groups. It means local residents can be on the look out, or warn others to look out for the pet.

Therefore keeping our lamp posts clear.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top