Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 03:33 PM

Groan! I'm so full after yesterday!

Are you full after yesterday?

Groan! I ate far too much. I feel quite ashamed. I pigged out on Bucks Fizz with my Toast and Marmalade in the morning, had two satsumas, 4 Belgian Chocs out of the box I couldn't resist opening, 2 Ferrero Rocher, and 3 After Eight Mints, all before I had even served up lunch, which was (we don't like Turkey), a Roast Beef joint that had been roasting slowly for 6 hours, Yorkshire Pud, Roasted Veg, Roast potatoes with lashings of gravy, followed by Christmas Pud and Custard.

We ate at 3 pm and by 7pm we were scoffing again

Pigging out on mini sausage rolls, followed by lovely warm mince pies with whipped cream, just to accompany the glass of bubbly that we decided to open whilst watching a great film that we had recorded.

Soooo, I am being good today (by yesterday's standards anyway) It's Boxing day and usually I would make a meal out of anything left over but my two little boys were also spoiled yesterday. I cut up just under half of our cooked Roast Beef and served it with mashed carrots and broccoli. They loved it and must have thought it was Christmas!!

Today, it is back to near normality. He who must obey has asked for Thick Pork Sausages (3), Caramelised Onions, Creamy Mash, Garden Peas and Onion Gravy. followed by Lemon Cheesecake with Whipped Cream.
My God, just the thought of all those calories!
(Groan, a minute past the lips is a month to get rid from the hips! LOL.

I don't mind though, all for an easy life).

Am I alone! were you all good, or did you pig out like there was no tomorrow?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 03:38 PM

Re: Groan! I'm so full after yesterday!

I thought I had until I read your post, now I think I must have been on a diet...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 03:56 PM

Hi

I was quite good, I wasn't feeling too hot yesterday.

No christmas pud, mince pies or chocolate, sausage rolls etc.

Guy has lost a lot of weight, so it was good to see him tuck in.

Sabrina had made wild mushroom soup, fresh mushrooms from the forset in Poland her friend had brought over.

I have no idea what kind they are, but it was delicious, Guy had two helpings.

We then tucked into a full traditional Christmas lunch, turkey, pork, stuffing etc.

Guy had loads, he cannot use a knife and fork at the moment, so Jacob, the young autistic lad, cut his food up for him, followed by Christmas Pud.

When we were leaving, Jacob cut up another plate of food to take home.

It was really touching.

I still feel full, but Guy had one of his student favourites for breakfast, 3 slices of toast with baked beans and sausages.

We will eat tonight, another turkey meal.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 03:57 PM

Yesterday I had ....
Two rounds of toast for brekky.
A mug shot in a , you've guessed it, a mug .. and a round of bread with one small jacket spud for main meal.
Two ginger nuts and later, 1 bag of crisps for a wicked treat for supper.
I hate to feel full.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Sabrina had made wild mushroom soup, fresh mushrooms from the forset in Poland her friend had brought over.

Stop there that sounds like my kind of lunch with some home made bread .
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 04:21 PM

We had a huge lunch yesterday.....I think I’m blind....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 04:21 PM

I didn't feel full at all after homemade goats cheese tarts with celery/apple salad, mixed leaf salad, fennel and onion salad, tomato salad all with various dressings . Then home made mince pies with brandy sauce.

I had two amaretto chocolate at my sons ,we were supposed to be having 'nibbles' but I came home before they arrived to have a boiled egg and home made bread.

Best of all I haven't put back an ounce of the stone in weight I lost this year so I am feeling rather smug
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 04:28 PM

LOL, By the sounds of things, I really overdid it yesterday! I am usually so good but it was as though the devil was in me yesterday and every strict regime or promise I ever carried out or made, just simply flew out of the Christmas decorated front window!! LOL.

Never mind, it will be back to normal tomorrow. onto the treadmill and a lettuce leaf sandwich for lunch. Just hope the newly sellotaped boxes of open chocs will get eaten by others before they turn white!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Are you full after yesterday?

Groan! I ate far too much. I feel quite ashamed. I pigged out on Bucks Fizz with my Toast and Marmalade in the morning, had two satsumas, 4 Belgian Chocs out of the box I couldn't resist opening, 2 Ferrero Rocher, and 3 After Eight Mints, all before I had even served up lunch, which was (we don't like Turkey), a Roast Beef joint that had been roasting slowly for 6 hours, Yorkshire Pud, Roasted Veg, Roast potatoes with lashings of gravy, followed by Christmas Pud and Custard.

We ate at 3 pm and by 7pm we were scoffing again

Pigging out on mini sausage rolls, followed by lovely warm mince pies with whipped cream, just to accompany the glass of bubbly that we decided to open whilst watching a great film that we had recorded.

Soooo, I am being good today (by yesterday's standards anyway) It's Boxing day and usually I would make a meal out of anything left over but my two little boys were also spoiled yesterday. I cut up just under half of our cooked Roast Beef and served it with mashed carrots and broccoli. They loved it and must have thought it was Christmas!!

Today, it is back to near normality. He who must obey has asked for Thick Pork Sausages (3), Caramelised Onions, Creamy Mash, Garden Peas and Onion Gravy. followed by Lemon Cheesecake with Whipped Cream.
My God, just the thought of all those calories!
(Groan, a minute past the lips is a month to get rid from the hips! LOL.

I don't mind though, all for an easy life).

Am I alone! were you all good, or did you pig out like there was no tomorrow?
My God you pigIm disgusted with you, no jealous really. Long time since I ate that much. Glad you enjoyed it
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I thought I had until I read your post, now I think I must have been on a diet...
You and me Barry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top