Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 09:57 PM

Bravecto Flea & Tick treatment

I have just read a rather alarming article about a Flea & Tick treatment called 'Bravecto.'

It states the following frightening statistics from Dog and Cat owners in the U.S.:

743 cases of vomitting and emesis.

135 cases of lethargy.

131 cases of diarrhoea with blood.

108 of Anorexia/decreased appetite/not eating.

63 Seizures!

51 Deaths - either from euthanasia, found dead, or sudden unexplained death.

And as if that isn't enough - 98 cases of still having the parasites after treatment anyway.

These records are only for the FIRST QUARTER of 2017!

This article was written by a Veterinary Surgeon, who wants to see the veterinary medicines licence for this product reviewed.

If my vet offers me this product, I shall be declining.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 10:25 PM

Re: Bravecto Flea & Tick treatment

I can't say I've ever heard of this particular brand Mups, but I wouldn't use it, that's for sure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 10:31 PM

I was talking to a friend about it last night Clumsy, and she thinks our vet here, stocks it.
I hadn't heard of it either until yesterday.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 10:50 PM

I will check with our Vet just to be sure Mups. I have to take ChoCho for her annual heart worm vaccination next week, so I'll have a word with the Vet then. Thanks for letting us know about this product.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top