Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 05:48 PM

Online grocery shopping

Does anyone else do this? I'm considering it as there are days when I just don't feel up to going to Tesco.

I notice that there is a £4 charge on orders under £40 so best for me to spend at least £40. Then there is picking a slot which sometimes costs as low as £2.

Has anyone experienced any problems with Tesco online shopping? Should I be looking towards a different supermarket for instance?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 05:53 PM

Re: Online grocery shopping

I use tesco it's less than £4 a month about £3.50 ish for a month of as many deliveries mid week as we wish. I shop weekly so it's less than a pound delivery each time an absolute bargain IMO

If you try it a few times and like it it's well worth taking out the midweek saver delivery contract ffosse.

If you need any help just shout I'm an old hand at tesco app and website !
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 05:53 PM

We have tried it, but after a few deliveries which contained items we didn’t request and items not included that were ordered we gave up on it, that was some time ago so maybe things have improved. I distinctly remember one delivery which included milk and bread was delivered without those items, them being out of stock
Give it a try anyway, but like you we are thinking along those same lines and starting it up again. Let us know how it goes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
We have tried it, but after a few deliveries which contained items we didn’t request and items not included that were ordered we gave up on it, that was some time ago so maybe things have improved. I distinctly remember one delivery which included milk and bread was delivered without those items, them being out of stock
Give it a try anyway, but like you we are thinking along those same lines and starting it up again. Let us know how it goes.
I think things must have improved its rare to have anything missing or anything like that.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I use tesco it's less than £4 a month about £3.50 ish for a month of as many deliveries mid week as we wish. I shop weekly so it's less than a pound delivery each time an absolute bargain IMO

If you try it a few times and like it it's well worth taking out the midweek saver delivery contract ffosse.

If you need any help just shout I'm an old hand at tesco app and website !
I can't see that price..the lowest I saw was £2 a delivery, not for as many deliveries as you want.

Edit: Ah, I see there is a contract option. That monthly £3.50 sounds good.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 06:00 PM

I am not too keen on it as I like to buy things with a longish time left on the sell by date. I always take from the back of the shelf to get this, But when I did my shopping online all my sell by dates were the next day and one was even that day. I gathered them all up and sailed off to the store and kicked up a row. I got the stuff changed but have never done my grocery shopping online again..
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think things must have improved its rare to have anything missing or anything like that.
Oops sorry..should have added, it was Asda. So we will give Tesco a whirl, Thanks Julie
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-01-2018, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I am not too keen on it as I like to buy things with a longish time left on the sell by date. I always take from the back of the shelf to get this, But when I did my shopping online all my sell by dates were the next day and one was even that day. I gathered them all up and sailed off to the store and kicked up a row. I got the stuff changed but have never done my grocery shopping online again..
This is what I'm a bit worried about; obviously I want fresh groceries and not today's date bread.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 06:06 PM

Never used them Dreamy.
I have a home delivery from Iceland - It's free
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

09-01-2018, 06:07 PM

That’s a long way to come just to deliver your cod

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top