Join for free
Page 7 of 42 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 10:54 AM

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just been chatting to a remainer who wanted a new referendum and wondered if Nigel is playing a good game, because this remainer has changed their mind and thinks a new referendum worst idea ever because Nigel has suggested it
If Farage really wants a second referendum this Remainers says bring it on, anything that might prevent or delay Brexit. And he did say before that if Remain had won by such a small majority then it would be unfinished business.

But of course his motives are decidedly dubious. He’s just game playing. He carefully hasn’t gone as far as saying he actually wants a second referendum and he knows May won’t allow it.
So he’s mentioning the possibility to whip up the wrath of his faithful followers, add some fuel to the Brexit bonfire and make himself centre of attention again. The poor, dear egotistical twat must miss all that now his side have “won”
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:12 AM

Do you think a second referendum would “kill it off” for a generation?
I’m all for one to try to stop the madness but I don’t see that it would.

If we have one and Remain wins by a small majority, then the Brexiters won’t accept it and will carry on their campaign.
If Leave win by a small majority, then we’re in the same position as we are now, the Remainers won’t accept it and will carry on their campaign to have it reversed.
If Remain won by a big majority, the Brexiters still wouldn’t accept it and it would be the in reverse if Leave did. There is no majority that could make me accept Brexit, go along with it or stop campaigning to Stop/reverse it. And the Brexiters would be the same about Remaining.
The Brexit referendum has divided the country in two and while I’d love a second referendum I don’t think it would change that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
If Farage really wants a second referendum this Remainers says bring it on, anything that might prevent or delay Brexit. And he did say before that if Remain had won by such a small majority then it would be unfinished business.
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

A third attempt at a European superstate. If you have children, I hope you realise what you would be condemning them to.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:33 PM

Yesterday’s man.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:57 PM

I don't think Nigel's doing it for attention he seems very happy to me doing two talk radio shows and his tv stints, travelling around USA, Europe and here. He's very popular in many places.
twizzle
somerset

14-01-2018, 01:16 PM

But those sources of income and attention would dry up if he's no longer in the public eye. Who would want him if Brexit was a done deal and forgotten?

So he makes inflammatory and sensational comments, like mentioning a second rerendum, in order to keep himself in the spotlight and be in the media, because of the money and attention it brings him. He's probably anticipating his MEP salary he trousers under false pretences.
He loves the dosh and fame being a "celeb" brings him and never mind the harm he's doing the country.

Great to see him being fined for misspending EU funds. It should have been more though, and a criminal charge.

And anyone with any sense of decency would have resigned.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:21 PM

I think he's got enough personality to keep going twizzle he's got a bit of fan club among his listeners even remainers enjoy his show because he's scruplesly fair, unlike some other presenters James orient for one majid for another.
twizzle
somerset

14-01-2018, 01:54 PM

I doubt Farage understands what the word "fair" means.

I'm sure his die hard fans would keep listening to him for a while, but if Brexit became old news, the rest would look for someone more current for their entertainment.

So he tries to keep their attention by saying sensationalist things about Barnier and second referendums to keep his money flowing in.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I doubt Farage understands what the word "fair" means.
He's always fair and polite to callers. Most of his political energy goes into trying to disprove the "life's not fair" adage.

But he is constantly undermining the government in his show.

The only host I can bear to listen to these days is Nick Ferrari. Nick is pro-brexit but he doesn't make a big thing of it.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 04:07 PM

Farage has clarified that he doesn't in fact want a 2nd referendum.
May has been resolute that there won't be another referendum.

Any talk on the subject is pointless , even puerile.

I'll leave you to decide if the conversation it's worthy of continuation , but any one who does is being, well......puerile, but that's their choice if it comforts them!!

Page 7 of 42 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top