Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 08:35 PM

Re: Pet Cremation

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That's lovely Mags x
Thank you Tess...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:31 AM

I've got into the habit of keeping a lock of hair of family members and pets over the years. It means you can still touch them.

I have got locks of hair, too Tess. A dear friend of mine had some hair from each of my dogs put in some different coloured little felt hearts with their names on.

And though some might find this weird, I also have a little milk puppy tooth from each dog too.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:51 PM

I've put a few photos in my profile page albums now if you would like to see Floyd.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 09:11 AM

I've put a few photos in my profile page albums now if you would like to see Floyd.
Thanks TessA, it is lovely to put a face to your little dog and it is easy to see why you loved him.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 11:14 AM

What a lovely boy he was Tess.

They certainly leave their paw prints on your heart.
May I share a poem with you, I found it on an Edwardian postcard and I have it framed in my living room.

A Little Dog Angel

High up in the courts of heaven today
a little dog angel waits;
with the other angels he will not play,
but he sits alone at the gates.
"For I know my master will come" says he,
"and when he comes he will call for me."

The other angels pass him by
As they hurry toward the throne,
And he watches them with a wistful eye
as he sits at the gates alone.
"But I know if I just wait patiently
that someday my master will call for me."

And his master, down on earth below,
as he sits in his easy chair,
forgets sometimes, and whispers low
to the dog who is not there.
And the little dog angel cocks his ears
and dreams that his master's voice he hears.

And when at last his master waits
outside in the dark and cold,
for the hand of death to open the door,
that leads to those courts of gold,
he will hear a sound through the gathering dark,
a little dog angel's bark.

Noah M. Holland
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 11:31 AM

What a lovely little face Floyd has TessA. It isn't surprising that we miss them so much when they have been the best friend and confidant anyone could ever have in this world. You will always love him and I know you gave him a happy and comfortable life, and that would have meant everything to him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:07 PM

Hi Tessa

I'm feeling for you right now and understand how you are nervous about collecting Floyd's ashes. One of my cats died just before we moved so we also wanted to take him with us rather than bury him in the garden. Our local vets organised the cremation and his ashes arrived in a small straw pouch about six inches wide which was in a cardboard box with his name on it along with a little poem. The idea was to scatter the ashes in the new garden but we never did.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 01:23 PM

Well, I collected Floyd's ashes this morning, determined not to cry, I blubbed all over the reception desk and all the way home and for the first hour and now!
It is a shoe box sized box with his name and address, inside was a lovely card and the ashes are in a cardboard container with blue bells and trees on it. I thought it looked just like Shake n Vac so that didn't help.
I have a nice box to transfer it to which will be decorated with photos etc.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 01:37 PM

Well, I collected Floyd's ashes this morning, determined not to cry, I blubbed all over the reception desk and all the way home and for the first hour and now!
It is a shoe box sized box with his name and address, inside was a lovely card and the ashes are in a cardboard container with blue bells and trees on it. I thought it looked just like Shake n Vac so that didn't help.
I knew you would cry Tess... we all do. I always think they must be tears of joy, knowing he is back where he belongs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:09 PM

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top